Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do footbeds work?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Maybe a dopey question but how do footbeds work? Do they go directly on the ski boot bed or inside the liner itself?

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Inside the liner in place of the original insole. They provide support to a foot that is being asked to function in a way difficult due to it's design. Loads to write here. Could go for hours. Better if i answer specific questions.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks

I dont understand being a newby, but i the liners in my boots dont have an insole, they are just a one piece deal. So am i right in thinking that you get your footbed and just fit it inside the linerf and away you go? Any help on this would be appreciated
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
?? what boots do have ?? oh, and how old are they...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rossignol Bandit B 12's from last season
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's the one with the total thermo fit liner? So presumably they were fitted by a professional boot fitter ? Did they advise that you may or may not need footbeds ? You only need to consider custom fit footbeds if you have problems with the fit/feel of the boot. But then I have no comercial interest so I would say that. Are you having problems with the fit of your boots ? Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Really bad pains under the balls of each foot and cramping under the arches so looking to have them checked out and no i wasnt advised that i might need footbeds.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Please go and get them checked. If you can, go back to where you bought them and hopefully they should be able to help. We sometimes have to suffer enough for our sport, you should not have to be tortured as well...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Regardless of where you bought them from, as some places do not have the equipment to make custom footbeds, take them to Ellis Brighams if you have one local and get a pair of custom footbeds made. They cost £50 which may seem a bit steep, but if you are having problems it will be the best £50 you ever spend. Whilst doing this ask them to check the fit of your boots.

Brighams in Manchester is the best place I have ever come across for service, it does not matter if it takes hours they will do everything to make sure boots fit. It really makes me laugh when people buy boots off ebay to save a few quid. False economy my wife took her boots back when they were 2 years old and was ready to buy a new pair but they blew them out slightly at the toes, no charge because she had bought them there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

You only need to consider custom fit footbeds if you have problems with the fit/feel of the boot.

Not true.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ethanboy, where are you based? There's lots of experience of getting good boot-fitting services on the forum. I'm sure you'll get some recommendations if you let us know roughly where you are.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ethanboy,

rob@rar, is right.

They will be the best 'ski thing' you'll ever own - basically the manufactures make a low volume insole as every foot is different. Also most ski boot insoles are thrown away or used by boot fitters to protect the boots outer surface when they are in the boot press.

Your footbed will be the 'base of support' for everything you do in your boots - TRUE
If you ski you'll need skiboots - TRUE
They are a nasty hostile enviroment for your feet - TRUE
Treat your feet well - buy them a nice footbed. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ethanboy, footbeds do a few jobs whilst hidden in the depths of your ski boot, firstly they help to hold the foot in the best position as you ski, in doing this they help to distribute the weight of your body over a larger area rather tan lettin git go through small points of contact if you were to stand in the boot without a footbed..... the footbed can also help to hold the foot in a compact small position that reduces elongation and therefore allows you to fit into a boot without the foot wanting to collapse, spread and distort and suffer various problems from black bruised toes to pain in the arch or on the ankle bone... as SMALLZOOKEEPER has said there are pages that could be written on the subject sufice to say that skiing is one of the few sports where everyone could benefit from a footbed of some description be it off the shelf or custome made, when you break to cost down over the lif of the boot and the cost of your skiing holidays then do the right thing and support your feet Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just a quick note about this I am no expert but i had the similar pains you discribed after buying my boots at the local dry slope. When i went back he told me i was doing the lower part of the boot up way to tight and in effect crushng my foot down on to the sole of the boot. Since then my lower two clips have only ever been done up so they just clip in place. The boots have been great ever since.

Just my two pennies worth but you may want to try it out before spending more money
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy