Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain Restaurants in Alpe D'huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to figure out how much cash to bring on my 1 week hol to Alpe D'huez...

I'm looking to eat lunch at some decent mountain restaurants (I'm not after burger and chips)

Has anyone got any recommendations (please also include apprx cost per meal per person if you can!)

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nice pizzeria at foot of green piste beneath altiport. nice restaurant at first stage of gondola up from les bergers- also nice evening meal up there tjey pick you up from les bergers piste in a piste basher.

Nice restaurant in nursery slopes of vaujany area. totally useless on names sorry
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dan100 wrote:
nice pizzeria at foot of green piste beneath altiport. nice restaurant at first stage of gondola up from les bergers- also nice evening meal up there tjey pick you up from les bergers piste in a piste basher.

Nice restaurant in nursery slopes of vaujany area. totally useless on names sorry

Any idea on prices per head? average? Thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mountain Restaurants in Alpe D'huez? Er, no.

To be fair, there's a decent rustic restaurant under the Marmottes gondola. Best when the weather's bad - it's quiet and feels very remote.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sproggski, I've heard the mountain restaurants are good in Alpe D'huez...???

And prices anyone?! (the whole point of this thread...)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
benzanna3 wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how much cash to bring on my 1 week hol to Alpe D'huez...

I'm looking to eat lunch at some decent mountain restaurants (I'm not after burger and chips)

Has anyone got any recommendations (please also include apprx cost per meal per person if you can!)

Thanks.

They have cash tills in france you know

failing that lots of restaturants now take this amazing thing called credit cards - it's like money but pretend..

I would esitimate 20 euro for a main course and a drink and that should be ok ballpark wise..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pretty nice place in the valley at the bottom of the sarenne gorge... dunno how much it us though... years since i last went. Everythings expensive in france though!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
benzanna3 wrote:
sproggski, I've heard the mountain restaurants are good in Alpe D'huez...???

And prices anyone?! (the whole point of this thread...)

15-20 euros main course, 4 euros glass of wine, 8 euros dessert. 3 euros coffee.

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Isere-Drome/L-Alpe-D-Huez#Bars

I would highly recommend the Chalet du Lac Besson, rated as one of the ten best mountain restaurants in the Alps (and the journalist that said that - Peter Hardy - paid for his own meal).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/main.jhtml?xml=/travel/exclusions/Supplements/winter04/nwinter12.xml

You may want to book for the lac Besson.

There is a new restaurant on the Sarenne but I've not tried it yet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lac Besson

Les Airelles (on blue run from Alpette down towards Montfrais)

Perce Neige (by Poutran 1)

Restaurant at top of Signal (can`t remember its name).

Agree with Davidof re prices.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="benzanna3"]
dan100 wrote:

Any idea on prices per head? average? Thanks.

Large pizza 10 euros but 3 years ago
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy