Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who puts the snowchains on in your male/female relationship?

Poster: A snowHead
So, if you have to put on snowchains in anger, who does the job if there is a lady and a man in the car. My DH has claimed incompetency and has nominated me for the task as I can get the rotten things on the wheels and he claims rolling eyes that he can't. What do you think of that?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, I think the title of this thread is offensive and needs to be changed Twisted Evil what about all the gay, lesbian, bisexual, & transgender snowHead 's Does their opinion not matter to you? Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
II, In this instance no there opinions don't matter to me Twisted Evil I want to know if other women in male/female relationships get lumbered with the task. In gay, and lesbian relationships you wouldn't get the difference and in the case of transgender they could tell me whether when they were 'females' in an appaently dual sex relationship did they get lumbered? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, oh..... thats alright then Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
would depend on whether he was in a "got to prove I'm a man" mood, or an idle one! When the spark plugs needed changing on our car years ago, in the snow, despite him being the one who'd done a basic mechanics option as a "complementary studies" unit, guess who was out there shivering and struggling to remove the air filter, which in a Triumph Dolomite had to come off to access the plugs!

And when we 1st drove in Spain, arriving at 11pm with a 20 mile drive along the Costa del Sol dual carriageway to do, I found myself volunteered to drive the heavily laden hire car (because my parents had owned a LHD car in the UK when I was 17); however, after sneaking off to practise round the quiet complex the aparment was on, he suddenly became king of the car keys, driving everywhere from then on, saying there was "nothing to this LHD lark". Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum wrote:
So, if you have to put on snowchains in anger, who does the job if there is a lady and a man in the car. My DH has claimed incompetency and has nominated me for the task as I can get the rotten things on the wheels and he claims rolling eyes that he can't. What do you think of that?

Do you not have staff to do these things for you Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly, Given that, and tenuously related as you all know he's got his new (and first ever) company car. I keep getting the following comment 'you'll have to get behind the wheel soon so that you're OK when we drive to Switzerland'.

So you might ask 'OK, so what?'

So in my job I've had countless different hire cars turn up to drive, I've owned about 8 very different cars in my driving life. I used to drive many different pool cars in my previous job, I drive an ambulance, I drove our 3.5 tonne horsebox and I've passed my advanced driving test and am a member of the IAM. I think the offer is a little condescending given that background - men!! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, one wheel each gets the job done faster and thus safer as, the less time by the side of a slippery road with potentially out of contol cars passing, the better. I know you are worried about situations like this! wink Incompetency is a poor excuse.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum, I suspect you are the one giving the "orders" as to who does what in your household.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This thread is sexist.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, the male ego is so fragile! Mine has to be exhausted before he'll ask if I will take over on a long journey - keeps insisting he's "fine!" if I suggest it. But when you go back 30years it was a different story. I had a driving licence, he didn't, having failed his test! So despite his protestations that he could drive, but the examiner was a ****, I agreed to teach him. He was a policeman at the time and when we got married, he said he would drive away from the reception, cos everyone would think the L plates on the car were mine anyway! He was right, actually - it was noticeable how discourteous other male drivers were to me when I was driving with him in the passenger seat! Anway finally he passed his test, then the police sent him on an "improver" course, which involved things like never going below 60 unless it was unavoidable. Well a week or two later, this young hothead wrote my car off!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
This thread is sexist.
Yep!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum said:

Quote:

I want to know if other women in male/female relationships get lumbered with the task. In gay, and lesbian relationships you wouldn't get the difference and in the case of transgender they could tell me whether when they were 'females' in an appaently dual sex relationship did they get lumbered?

Is it just me or has anyone else spent the last three years under the impression that Megamum was an angel, clad in sun bleached linen, raised under a bushel in a liberal wrapping of cotton wool?

In summary, Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I put the chains on, Jane calms me down and stops me cursing. On balance I have the slightly easier task.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum wrote:

Are you pro or against sexual equality?
snow conditions
Megamum, only joking wink

In answer to your question, Mrs sproggski wouldn't know what to do, where to find the snow chains and, in any event, would refuse to get her hands or knees cold (although that's kinda strange on a winter holiday).

Neither does she cook, clean, take the children to lessons or put them to bed. But then, these tasks do pave my way to a lads' trip (and/or EOSB...) later in the season Little Angel
ski holidays
The transfer bus driver.
snow report
sproggski, I am soooo sorry if it seems like three years - it's only thirteen months I promise!! Laughing Laughing

Wear The Fox Hat, as Butterfly, said - yes it is, but you have to ask yourself in which direction!! Evil or Very Mad wink
ski holidays
We don't go in for all that dungeon stuff.
snow conditions
Megamum, 5647 posts in 13 months? You really should get out more NehNeh
latest report
sproggski, Respect to you for dealing with the homemaker tasks as well as the snowchains snowHead

I believe in sexual equality, with 'equality' being the operative word - I see nothing wrong with the one wheel each scenario suggested by Chris. Not me being landed with all the jobs he doesn't fancy. N.B. I already cut all the goats feet myself because he claims he can't do it.

Quote:

5647 posts in 13 months? You really should get out more

I'm getting 2 weeks skiing this year Toofy Grin Toofy Grin B.t.w. I wonder whether I could do a sun bleached linen look..............?
ski holidays
He does. (Well, he would if we needed them). All car stuff, he does. I'll put petrol in but that's all.

He can't complain. I do other stuff which is more suited to my abilities.
latest report
what a wuss, dump him..
latest report
Quote:

This thread is sexist.

Don't know about that, but it's certainly stupid.
snow report
Buy a 4 x 4 it's much easier Blush
snow report
Megamum, we share the job. As chris says, you want to get them on as quickly as poss. If he can't get them on, then clearly he needs some practice, preferably out in today's rain and wind (and tell him not to be such a wuss) Twisted Evil
latest report
When I first ironed a shirt for Mr Blue I made a bit of a hash of it. Many years later I'm sure I could manage to iron his shirts but he still thinks I can't...... and that suits me very well, if you get my drift wink
snow conditions
We do a wheel each, and when I've done mine, I go and help him with his.... wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I pay anyone capable of doing it for me!
latest report
skilegs, are you in North America? I gather that's what happens there. In France, it seems, people mostly do their own - there's certainly never been anyone around who looked like they would do it for money, when I've had to put chains on!
snow report
pam w, a woman after my own heart you are Laughing that just rings too true here!!! Laughing
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
skilegs, are you in North America? I gather that's what happens there. In France, it seems, people mostly do their own - there's certainly never been anyone around who looked like they would do it for money, when I've had to put chains on!

They probably have to prove they can put them on within 10% of the time of the world champ before being granted a licence to take money. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I can tell you the very concept of putting chains on for money is very dear to my heart. I'm very glad the "system" exist.

Once, I pulled my MCL on the next to last day of my skiing at Lake Tahoe. (my companion had flown out on a earlier date to get back to work earlier. I had more vacation and wanted to ski some more on my own). I could barely walk and certainly couldn't kneel. I check the forecast and highway condition, which unfortunately was snowing lightly all day and CHAINS REQUIRED over all the mountain passes. Although I was closer to south Tahoe (Alpine Meadow), I drove up north first so I would pass the chain control area at I-80, where I knew chain installers would be lining the side of the highway to "help". Had I gone the southern route, I would had to install the chain MYSELF, which I couldn't see how I could.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy