Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ishgl - 23rd Feb or 22nd March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello! Still looking at holidays but now looking at Austria, namely Ishgl. Looks great but options are either 23rd Feb or 22nd March. Which week would be better do you think, bearing in mind we are beginners? Does anyone know what the Austrian holidays look like?

Many thanks in advance!

Mirjam
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, the 22nd till 29th March 2008 is the second of the two Easter weeks and peak season in Ischgl. It's going to be very, very busy and there will for sure be lines at the start of the day to get up to the skiing area - in Ischgl even the beginners slopes are at the top of the mountain. February is still high season but lines will be more reasonable. So, my recommendation would be for 23rd February. Ischgl's a great choice by the way, a real fun-place and my favorite - but actually, if you are beginners, you might want to choose somewhere where the beginners' slopes are right outside your hotel -you'll save a lot on lift passes for a start but moreover you'll be relieved that you don't have far to walk! Consider Obergurgl instead. or, if you are looking for extra night-life, look at Saalbach.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The advantage with the beginner slopes being up the mountain is that they are much more likely to be in good condition than pistes at village level. We went last year at the end of Feb, and while it was busy, it was acceptably so. To reduce queues in the morning use the upgraded Fimbabahn - it gets less use than the other lifts as from the nearest parking you have to walk past the Pardatschgratbahn to get to it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow should be great either week that time of year. If u r beginners make sure u get the gondola down to the village at the end of the day. The runs home are icy, tricky, fake snow and full of p1ssed up Germans! If you are timid beginners u may struggle to get out of the idalp bowl but try to get down to Alp Trida for nice sun, restaurants and some easyish blues and reds which are wide open with no edges to fall off! I echo RobinS comments about accessing the mountain but would add that it depends where u r staying. If you're in the main part of town simply take the travelator through the mountain off the main street and it brings u straight to the Fimbabahn

Personally I would avoid advanced booking Saalbach that late in the season. Fine if u know theres snow there but often all the south facing runs are snow free by the end of march, and in a bad season there can be very little on the north facing side of the valley too! Obergurgl has great snow record just like ischgl... depends what kind of holiday u want... sophisticated and british in a small high quaint resort or wild and german in a big commercial resort....Both are high quality but FYI Ischgl is my fave... try to get there at least once a year!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy