Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Scotland mid Feb.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to Scotland for a Skiing break yet?

I am an intermediate skiier and will be with my gf and a group of mixed skiiers and boarders. The gf is a complete learner, some are pretty much complete learnrs and some are intermediates.
We are planning on going early friday / late Thursday night and returning late Monday/ Tuesday morning. Planning on skiing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and maybe some of Monday morning if we can.
What would be the best resort to go to?
Anyone know which ones are open at the moment and what sites are reliable for information? I did a google search and found a few sites with conflicting info.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 15-01-08 21:31; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where to go may depend on where has the best snow. All resorts are currently open with good snow.

Look at winterhighland for information before you go.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Neil, There is a snowHead 's Scottish bash going at the moment :

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34292&highlight=

But http://www.winterhighland.info/general/ is the best site to find out whats happening in Scotland snowHead as Sage advised
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the advise.

Have you skied in scotland? Where did you go and where did you stay? Did you stay close to the slopes or have to travel to them?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Neil, how much do you want to spend? hostle, 2* hotel, 4* hotel?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Personally I dont mind. But a couple of the people in the group are students so thats gotta be factored in.

lets say a 2* / 3* hotel or chalet type place.
Preferably very close to the skiing

Id like somewhere where the indermediates amoung us wouldnt get bored very easily.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like the look of the nevis range. its over 9 hours from me though!

Still I think my group and I could bare it. The skiing looks pretty good.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Neil said..
Quote:
Preferably very close to the skiing

How about camping at Loch Morlich, if you're hardcore... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thats hardcore alright! Don't think the rest of the group would be up for it though
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neil wrote:
Thanks guys. I appreciate the advise.

Have you skied in scotland? Where did you go and where did you stay? Did you stay close to the slopes or have to travel to them?

I'm lucky enough to live within a couple of hours of the slopes so don't use accommodation. There are plenty of places to stay in and around Fort William for the Nevis Range.

Try these websites:

VisitScotland

Visit-fortwilliam

snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for that Sage, I found this place that seems well priced. I think it would suit us down to the ground!

http://guide.visitscotland.com/vs/guide/5,en,SCH1/objectId,ACC53147Svs,curr,GBP,season,at1,selectedEntry,home/home.html
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
went to Glenshee a couple of years ago for the weekend 4 of us stopped in a static caravan at Blairgowrie, which is about 25 mins away. Think the caravan cost about £150 for 4 days and it was brand new. Or if your students can afford the bridge of cally hotel is much closer to the slopes and the food is good (that is where we dined at night before returning to the caravan)

Had a good laugh in Blairowrie on saturday night, but wouldn't want to do it as my main holiday and if you can ski Scotland you can ski anywhere.

Think it was Blairgowrie holiday park or something like that, just google it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
can someone help me, i think im being blonde but i am having a nightmare trying to work out these prices.

This site say for an appartment it is:

3 bedroom Townhouse at Canalside:
3 night weekend break (Friday,Sat and Sunday) - only £270.00 throughout January

Now do you think thats per person for the whole 3 nights? Per person per night? or all in?! if its all in thats a great deal! so if its per person per night and there are 6 beds and we fill them all its what £15 per person per night? It cant be that cheap can it?

http://www.highlandholidayapartments.co.uk/newsarticle.asp?id=1119
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Neil, That price will be for the apartment, regardless of how many people are staying.
So yes, divided between 6 it will be £15 per night, get it booked my man!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thats dirt cheap!
Think they got a 4 or 5 star rating. gonna book that up!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy