Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Phone calls between Italy and UK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, next week I'm in Italy, Mrs NBT is at home. I've just set up a mic so we can use MSN Messenger to talk if I can get some free WIFI time on my mate's laptop, but if that doesn't happen, can anyone recommend the cheapest way for us to talk? I can think of the following options

I use my UK mobile to call home - Hideously expensive
Mrs NBT calls my uk mobile -likewise expensive
Buy a pay & go SIM in Italy and use that to call Mrs NBT - no idea of price
Buy a phone card of some description
Mrs NBT calls my hotel room, assuming of course that we have a phone in the room

anything else?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get a Skype fone (or similar) .. and never worry again ...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
get a 3mobile, they have a deal with 3 Italy so you can use skype from your 3mobile for free from italy and austria. Just need to get skype on the pc at the uk end and your sorted
http://www.three.co.uk/personal/coverage_/going_abroad_/like_home_details.omp

Quote:
3 Like Home. Makes going away even better.An extra bit of good news if you’re going to Austria, Australia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy or Sweden. With sister networks in all these places, you’ll automatically connect to our 3 Like Home service. What’s that? While you’re away, it lets you use your inclusive UK minutes and messages to call or text standard UK numbers. Even check your scores on Planet 3. Just like at home.

If your 3 Skypephone is on a Pay Monthly plan and your in a country where we've got a sister network - you can use your 3 mobile to call and text home for the same price as in the UK. You will also get free access to Skype, just like at home.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, As Agenterre, says, use skype

www.skype.com

We must have saved a small fortune when our daughter was studying in Italy & France Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the suggestions, but bearing in mind I'm going tomorrow, and will only be there for a week I'm not taking out an annual contract with 3, nor spending a fortune on a skype phone that won't be used again. As I said if I can get free wifi access out there then MSN messenger provides the free audio / video connection - but paid WIFI access will probably be more expensive than using a phone. I was more hoping for people on the ground to recommend "ooh telecom Italia do this PAYG card for €10 that gives you 2 free hours of international calls." or seomthing

anyone?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
depends on the hotle, but many in italy offer free wifi so take laptop loaded with slype and buy a usb skype phone at airport {around £15}, plug in and enjoy...it saves me a fortuen in calling suppliers here and abroad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, if I have WIFI then great, you don't need a skype phone - just a mic and speakers. Like I said twice already, MSN will provide the functionality if I have the WIFI.

Your feedback *IS* appreciated though, even if it's not appropriate for me it'll no doubt be useful for someone.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
you can get skype free on 3 pay as you go, just top up with £10 and get it free for a month
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt,

[runs away and hides] have you thought of skype?? [/runs away and hides]
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Might be cheaper to take the missus with you rather than ring her at home wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt, of all the hotels i have stayed in in italy in the past 5 years [7 different ones in total] all but one had free wifi Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I made phone calls very cheaply to USA and Australia and France from Italy at Christmas Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If no wifi in your hotel get Mrs NBT to use Skype Out to call you at the hotel. Less than a penny a minute. You need to prepay for some Skype credit (£5 or £10 will last ages) and you're good to go. Worked a treat for me when I was in Tignes at the start of the season and the hotel's wifi service was more expensive than I wanted to pay.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy