Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crash pants ?

Poster: A snowHead
hi guys any advice as to which crash pants to buy dont want anything to bulky or uncomfortable thanx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brown ones?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Afire, as skid-marks accumulate the crust hardens to become a protective shield. A nice hot French radiator speeds the process, Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Afire, I recommend Dainese Impact Shorts Plus. They do a number of other models & after trying them all I reckon that they're the best. Bought mine online from Silver Machine in Wolverhampton. http://www.dainese.me.uk/engine.asp?SMID=252
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, spoilsport wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Afire, I've heard these are quite good

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.co.uk/snow.asp
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanx guys will have a look at them cheers
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
seen the forcefield ones on bargain boards £75 look good and not to bulky are the Dainese ones a snug fit or lose enough
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Afire, I have the Dainese shorts (with the Coccyx pad). Not particularly svelte silhouette - but I'm not that svelte to start with (36 waist). They are a snug fit on me, but not uncomfortably so. Feels very strange the first time you put them on, but after a while it becomes to feel very natural. The fishnet style is pretty well ventilated, but not the most comfortable on the legs.

I also have a Forcefield top, which is probably nicer than the Dainese one (it's a solid elastane-type fabric rather than the fishnet construction) but can get a bit warm (and odours do then build up). Again, you feel a bit like the incredible hulk when you first put it on, but I now feel naked (particularly if on the dry slope) without it.

If you're for the most flexible wear and svelte look, you might try this new stuff that is soft until it is impacted, when it stiffens up. rob@rar has some of that, and really rates it, so PM him if you want further info on that. Not cheap though.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanx alot for the feedback thought the netting on the dainese ones looked a bit uncomfortable liked the look of the forcefield one better looked like a more comfortable fit just want to get something ill be happy wearing because i really don t want to be in the discomfort again that im in now
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Afire, the netting on the Dainese is very comfortable.

The decision you have to make is whether you want hard armour or just padding. My Dainese shorts have hard thigh protectors & a hard coccyx protector (with padding underneath) as I don't think padding alone offers enough protection.

BTW, they're supposed to be worn snuggish so they don't move on impact.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i dont know if i need the hard protectors on not wont be on rails or anything like its just on 2 hols i ended up in serious pain after dumping myself on my hole on ice. That cool about the dainese ones thanx i know there meant to be snug its just that the netting didnt look as snug as the others dunno which ones to get now Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Afire, you have to get to a dealer & try them on as fit varies between makes/models etc. There's no-one local to me so I bought online from Silver Machine & also Bike Doc in Dublin who both allowed me to return items if the fit wasn't right. The shorts I bought were actually the 5th ones I'd tried &, like you, I initially didn't want the mesh or the hard armour but in the end they were the most comfortable &best fit for me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Afire, A hard coccyx shield is really the best way to go, spreading the impact over a larger area. It's the one thing that may save you from 'real' pain . . . no, not the pain of the hit, but the pain of trying to pass a Codeine constipated stool past a broken tailbone Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad (that's not an apocryphal story) . . .

Protection is one area where you heart should rule your head and you shouldn't be thinking JUST about budget.

Google . . d3o . . for what's new and less obtrusive in protection wear. I have a Dianese Jacket and shorts and they've helped keep this lardass out of intensive care.

But don't limit yourself to ski shops, go to M/C dealers, climbing and skate shops to check out the gear and if you're learning, knee and elbow pads have a place in your protection. You'll grow out of them but for every stage in the learning process, especially the 'park'. wear as much as you can.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
always learning budget isnt a major concern if i can get something thats right ill have to see if i can find some to try on see what fits best cheers for the help
latest report
spyderjon, said
Quote:
the netting on the Dainese is very comfortable.

I agree - it's elasticated, so holds everything nicely in place...... the padding on the hip is excellent too. I got the most horrendous bruising in the world falling on the ice rink in Chamonix, in exactly the place now protected by my Dainese shorts. My entire leg was blue/black/green/yellow for weeks and the solid swelling took months to disappear. If I ever go ice skating again, I'm gonna wear my shorts. It was an unlucky fall (I'd fallen on ice rinks before with no damage) but it would be easy to do the same kind of injury on a hard piste. You don't need to be doing rails to need armour.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy