Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc 2000 to Arc 1950 for lessons?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Les Arcs in March and are staying in Chalet des Neiges, which is described as just below Arc 2000 and a button lift or 10 minute walk to the centre.

There are beginners and infants with us and herein lies the problem. We will be sharing babysitting, with the two beginners taking lessons while we babysit and then swapping halfway through the day so we can ski (although I would prefer to ski in the morning if we can get them afternoon lessons).

I was looking into Spirit 1950 ski school which is in 1950. Access for the beginners is obviously the issue. I understand there is a pedestrian lift down to 1950, but can anyone assist as to where this is located? i.e. would they have to trek up into the centre of 2000, just to get the lift down to 1950?

We obviously want to maximise our skiing time as well as ensure the beginners don't have a 'mare getting to their lessons.

Also anyone who has knowledge of our accomodation and it's proximity to lifts / ski school etc., i would be grateful for a heads up.

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi conor, I stayed in one of the other buildings in the same row as Chalet des Neiges about three years ago. My memory is a bit fuzzy but this might at least prompt someone to correct me! I think you take the button up to get the lift down to 1950 (it's just at the top of the button) but the button is not steep or long and I've got a feeling you can walk up the side of it if you prefer to. We had lessons in 1950 too and I'm fairly sure we also headed down there on foot via the lift so we couldn't have got the button there then. Does that sound right, anyone?

You would also use that button to access the other Arc 2000 lifts I think.

You can access the centre of 2000 on foot by using the lift or stairs across the road from the Chalet des Neiges (think multistorey car park) by the way. I don't think it's a 10 minute walk.

Found this (trying not to go nuts forgetting things three years ago) which might be useful:

http://www.lesarcs.com/Interactive-map-Arc-2000

Have fun!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NatalieG, thank you very much. I think you've pretty much covered it. Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem for them so I'll give Spirit 1950 a call. I didn't know about the lift across the road which is another useful option, especially to get in the centre with toddlers!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just noticed this thread and very much the same as what I need advice on

We are going to Arcs 2000 on family trip Easter 08. The kids (17 & 1Cool know the area and neither want or need instruction.

My wife however is a nervous intermediate skier, she has had several weeks of ESF group lessons. I personally believe that she is no longer benifitting from these group lessons and should take some private lessons. I (unlike my kids) think that I also could benefit from a private lesson or two.

With this in mind can anyone reccomend a private ski school/personal instructor in Les arcs who would be able to give myself and my wife (bearing in mind we ski at different levels) some good instruction. Or should she just join the ESF ski school at Arcs 2000
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed in the Chalet des Neiges over Christmas. The short drag lift is directly opposite the chalet and this accesses the ESF ski school at Arc 2000 and the lift down to Arc 1950. You can walk up the side of the drag lift, it's quite steep but not that long. The drag lift is very tame, we had a 5 year old in our group who managed on the lift fine.

Coming back at lunch / end of day you can ski down by the lift.

One of the best located chalets we have stayed in for ease of getting children to ski school.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool. As long as beginners (never skiied) can get quickly and easily to 1950 then I'll try and get them lessons with Spirit 1950.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
conor, its no problem at all for complete beginners in the cabriolet lift down and to be honest after one or perhaps two lessons they won't bother with the lift and will ski down from 2000, under the walkway in 1950 and pitch up on the spot where the ski school meets.

Kel, Spirit group lessons are very good and a maximum of 10 which is better than the large groups I often see with ESF at 2000 - if you want private lessons then Spirit do them but from they will only offer afternoon private lessons and not in the morning - we have had private lessons with Spirit and found them very good.

This year, friends of ours want a private snowboarding lesson and they want it in the morning which Spirit cannot guarantee so they are going with these guys who are based at 1800 but are meeting them at 1950 for lessons so will for 2000 as well - we are off 26th Jan so can report back after then but they got a good write up in the Daily Telegraph recently - fast response by email as well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy