Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 PE'S

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to courchevel on the 19th January and am wondering whether these skis will be a suitable ski to rent for the week.

Stats:

6'2"
190lbs (85kgs)
Intermediate/advancing intermediate who is comfortable linking turns on all blues and most reds with the occasional foray onto the blacks.

I'm mainly going to be on piste - at least 85% of the time so will be most likely to encounter some icy conditions in parts. However I would like a ski that I can have a bit of fun on whilst on the piste or off to the sides, trying switch for example.

My main concern is that they aren't a great ski for the groomers and if theres a lot of hardpack/ice around I could be putting myself in danger. Are these things going to be ok at holding an edge and for my intended use over the week?

Finally what length would you suggest given my intended usage?

Thanks for the help guys.
Blush
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they're a pretty nice ski IMO
won't hold an edge like a race ski but they're probably as good as anything amongst park/all mountain skis
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
179 or 174 if you'd prefer something more manageable. Perfectly decent ski, better in powder and the park than on the corduroy. The top layer on these are really soft - better to hire a pair than buy them Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you can edge without just relying on the ski you won't have any problems. They can be made to do GS carves very, very fast for a freestyle ski, but do need to be asked as they don't have a particular 'preference' for any single type or shape of turn. Basically plenty of ommph and don't be afraid of getting a lean on.

You'll want either 179s or 174s. Depends on strength/style/preference. I'm 215lbs, 6'1 and ski the '06 174s mounted right towards the back. Beat the hell out of most all mountain skis I've tried. If I was hiring I'd ask for 179s as I'd assume they'd mount the bindings further forward.

174s will be a bit more fun in moguls and easier to edge, if you fancy a run at some of the steeper classics that Courchevel has to offer, 179's that bit floatier if you are getting dumps, but there's not much in it. Don't go smaller than 174.

Enjoy!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I tried these and hated them passionately. I found them very wobbly onpiste - especially on an icy Trolles in Tignes.

Why not try Dynastar Legends??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I tried these and hated them passionately. I found them very wobbly onpiste - especially on an icy Trolles in Tignes.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whoaa! So, let me get this straight, you say you did or didn't like them? Very Happy

I'd say try the PEs AND Legends AND (most importantly) Atomic Nomad Crimson, then do a compare/contrast for the benefit of making my late season ebay bargain hunting, thankyouplease!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy