Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serbia, Kopaonik - Anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys Im new Smile

Going to Kopaonik this year.

Has anyone else been, whats it like?

Whats the Hotel Grand Like?
Ive seen that the resturant shuts at 7 so what time do they do dinner normally, Most hotels Ive stayed at the earliest they start is 7!!
Is there a massive difference between the sml double rooms and the Twins?

Are there many shops bars and resturants?

What about the lessons, I was thinking of doing intermediate snowboard lessons? do they do them? Ive seen intermediate ski but not board.

Sorry for all the questions, just cant seem to find much info on the resort and hotel

Thanks guys Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went last year afnd stayed at the Grand. Would recommend it. Food is a bit repetetive but there is a large buffet. I don't remember the meal time, but we had no problems.

Start at
http://www.infokop.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

& come back to me with more queries Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Main English info site
http://www.eng.infokop.net/

Interactive piste map with pics of each run.
http://www.kopaonik-genex.com/eng/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=82&Itemid=81

Loadsa pics (including mine on p2 - 21-28th Jan 2007)
http://gallery.infokop.net/main.php?g2_itemId=8981
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went to Kop last year and had a great time and would recomend it for beginners/lower intermediates. There isn't anything to steep for the more adventerous.

We stayed at Club A Hotel but did go into the Grand for thier excellent pizzas for lunch (about £4 for a VERY large pizza!) as its right by the lifts.

The resort itself is very small and you could walk round it in ten minutes, but i quite like that.

I've got some pics online if you want to have a look.

Any more questions just ask.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PostSignin.jsp?Uc=s16ik2r.9sdl6rlr&Uy=c5ju7c&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
no_snow_in_swindon, you were there the same week as us I believe - the week the blinkin coach broke down for 3-4 hrs en route back to Nis airport! I'd like to go back one day too to prove I CAN conquer the slopes - being my 1st ever trip & poor weather I didn't make masses of progress!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lol it was the same week. Luckilly i was not on the coach that broke down thankfully. Although the boredom of Nis airport got to you after a while waiting for you lot to arrive.

I'd love to go back sometime but as i've been skiing for a few years in places such as Zermatt and Pila the slopes were a little boring, but then i find its more the company you're with a lot of the time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the pics guys.

Butterfly - What are the rooms like, I found a vid on youtube on the Grand but it showed everything but the rooms!! Did you have a double or twin?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been last year.had a great time
i like hostels more than hotels,good food-cheap accommodation! NehNeh
18 euros with breakfast and dinner,internet,sat tv...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
surfer_chicky, We stayed in The Grand too. In our double room we just about managed to squeeze a travel cot between the bed and the wall! There was plenty of storage in the hallway and the bathroom was fairly spacious. My Mum and step-Dad were in a double on the floor above us and their room was much bigger (think we got the keys muddled up on arrival).

There were a few restaurants (if your veggie, expect meat on your plate Shocked ) and bars but we tended to use the bars in The Grand.

We went to Kop for our first ever skiing holiday and loved it. We hope to go back very soon. Who did you book with?

Private lessons were very cheap in 2007 and we had a brilliant instructor. We also had a rather handsome video guy Embarassed following us around, he produced a very reasonably priced video so we could see how we had improved over the week. Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnnypunx, Avago, I would like to go back, but at the moment none of the tour ops go there and although I am generally into DIY trips, I am wary of doing one there as it'd involve flying LHR to Belgrade and hiring a car there. I can manage enough Serbian to ask for what I want in a cafe, but not to cope with any problems en route!

I believe the reason for the tour ops pulling out was that the accommodation they used was previously government owned but was bought out (I think by JAT) and they lost confidence.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep,he bought everything but JAT.when i say everything i mean everything.His name is Miodrag Kostic-"king of sugar".Now hotels look 10 times better.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnnypunx, do you think the tour operators will start to go there again soon? It was Thompson/Crystal (flying to Nis) and Balkan (flying to Belgrade) who did before.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes,they will start next year!first with groups of 50-100 people.then 'we'll see'
Kopaonik will be ready for this season but i guess that foreign tour operators don't want to take a risc.They all just wait to see what's going to happen.
Miodrag Kostic made some really good moves.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Greetings from Kopaonik!a lot of snow and a lot of people!Hostel is looking more than fine!so far so good... Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnnypunx, Who is going to be running trips next year with groups of 50-100 people?

How about posting some photos? Maybe you could show us what is new? You say the hotels look much better. These are my 2007 photos. http://www.infokop.net/gallery/v/Kopaonikusers/Treble/
snow conditions
We went there in 1991 ( I think), the first scuffle broke out on the day we left. I remember it as a great little resort, very ski in , ski out. The food was meat mainly with oranges and polenta. A mixed grill was a plate of about 8 different pieces of meat, nothing else. There were a couple of good, quite tough runs, but they were closed most days for Yugoslav team training.
snow conditions
There are 3 new ski lifts,bunch of new hotels,3 new hostels(first ones ever) and most of the old ones(hotels)-reconstructed!the main thing is changing staff in all hotels.till now most of the staff were from villages around Kopaonik mntn.People from Belgrade are most of the employees now,which is really good thing!
I forgot my cable for camera and i work most of the time but i'll do my best to send you some photos asap.
cheers! Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy