Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone flown City Jet London-Zurich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone flown City Jet from London City to Zurich?

Just about to book and wanted to make sure they're alright? Also, do they carry Ski's? Phoned them and they wern't too sure!!!

Off to Andermatt next week, does anyone have any idea of the weather out there for next weekend?

Thanks, Any advice appreciated.

Alex
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BBC Story yesterday
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7181021.stm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin wrote:
BBC Story yesterday
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7181021.stm

Thats doesnt sound great, but wont stop me flying with them I don't think. Anyone flown with them before? They are owned by AirFrance/KLM.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, according to a pilots forum - apparently old news and well known to airlines using regularly. They have to make adjustments accordingly. Must have been a surprise to the first person who discovered it...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoatsbrother, Can't help thinking that there is a parallel with the mobile phones in planes arguement Confused
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I flew City Jet to Zurich a few weeks ago. They have no problem carrying skis. However, if you are already checking another bag then you will need to pay a surcharge for your skis of £14 per sector. If your ski bag is the only one to be checked and if it is under the weight limit (20Kg IIRC) then they will carry it for free (although sometimes you need to debate this, as I've had to do so on 2 trips).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went out from London City to Geneva with them twice just before Xmas, and will definitely use them again.

Planes are 146s, as are most using City, hence smaller than the average short-haul and quicker to unload - on both inbound flights my bag was on the conveyor by the time I'd walked from the plane and queued for possibly 30 seconds at passport control (fewer people on the plane means fewer people arriving at customs at the same time). Brilliant.

Friday night can be bedlam coming out of London City, particularly if delays are backing up, but just about any other time it's a breeze - queues are rare and it's easy to get to and from the City by DLR.

Ticket pricing is dynamic so off-peak is good value; particularly mid-week - the second trip was £83 return booked the day before departure (Easy were quoting £280 for Gatwick-Geneva for the same timing).

There were certainly snowboards on board both flights so I'm sure they do carry skis.

Only downside (I think) is that London City can get fog-bound, so early morning flights can sometimes be held for an hour or two.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What an airline local to us is now flying to Zurich again!! Hurray - it hasn't been the same since they stopped KLM out of Stansted
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum, Swiss have always done LCY to ZRH. Not heard of City Jet though - anyone got a link?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
eng_ch wrote:
Megamum, Swiss have always done LCY to ZRH. Not heard of City Jet though - anyone got a link?

http://www.cityjet.com/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I fly with CityJet about twice a week. They're fine!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One of my flying instructors is a Captain for them. Must say I had never heard of them until I flew with him
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cityjet is an Air France subsiduary.

Like BA connect (remember them...)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy