Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All things Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Youmay have guessed I'm of to Av soon but only for 4 days. So

best bars
quiet bars
bars to steer claer of
ditto for restuarants in town
what about mountain restuarants
do they have any ATMs that don't charge
where best to hire skis and stuff
anything i should definitely do whilst i'm there
anything I should steer clear of
do i want a local pass or one for whole area or just buy tickets (for whole area) if needed - this easy to do?
any internet cafes wifi area - have to keep snowheads up to date!
ski school - go for brits or ESF?

can't think of anything else...at the mo!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the Avoriaz only pass stops at Swiss border and top of the ridge between Lindarets and Linga section (could be wrong there - someone will no doubt correct me).
If intermediate - area pass. Food is better and more civilised on Swiss side, and slopes less crowded too.
If beginner - probably local pass (ski school should be able to tell you)

Can't help with Bars, ATM's, SkiSchool. I did all that in Les Gets.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy, didn't realise you could ski into switzerland! Do you need to carry a passport?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dandtd, best to yes, and your insurance documentation just in case of an injury
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dandtd,
Bars : not really my thing but there are a good few. Not an Ischgl / St Anton resort for apres ski.
Restaurants : La Reserve, Hotel des Dromonts are exceptional most others are good.
Mountain Restaurants : never been to a cafeteria style restaurant in Avoriaz, only one is Mt.Cherry in les gets!
ATM: Dont know, have French account.
Hire of Skis: Twinner, Ski Set (3 or 4 to chose from)
Things to do: Ski and eat!!!!
Things not to do: Get caught wink
Lift Pass: Full PdS
Internet Cafes: Tourist office and Tavaillon pub had one in at beginning of season
Ski School: Friends have used both. No complaints with either.

When are you off?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dandtd, I'm off to Avoriaz with 5 mates on the 21st Jan so all the above questions and associated answers are useful to me too! We're all gunna go for the area pass just so we can really explore. I've never been somewhere so expansive and so open. It's gunna be awesome!!!! Have a wicked time, and leave some snow for me!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dandtd,

best bars - Cheaz Flo during the day sorry live in morzine so don't get up there at night
quiet bars - ditto
bars to steer claer of - ditto
ditto for restuarants in town - EXPENSIVE!!
what about mountain restuarants - in Avoriaz EXPENSIVE - go to Les Lindarets or Switzerland much cheaper
do they have any ATMs that don't charge - not sure nver used one there
where best to hire skis and stuff - agree with Roy Hockley,
anything i should definitely do whilst i'm there - if you are a romantic the evening trip round avoriaz in a hores drawn sledge
anything I should steer clear of - the lifts they are smelly!
do i want a local pass or one for whole area or just buy tickets (for whole area) if needed - this easy to do? - just get aPDS less hassle and at the end of the day probably cheaper
any internet cafes wifi area - have to keep snowheads up to date! - as Roy Hockley,
ski school - go for brits or ESF? - both good ESF much cheaper
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roy Hockley, thanks Roy - get caught!!!?
ski-finder, you're going before me so leave some snow for me!!
snowandtrek, thank you too!! so is Chez flo the only bar then!!?
everyone else - thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy