Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the camera lies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
why is it that any video footage of oneself skiing appears to suggest that the bit of hill one is on is a beautifully flat piste with a 10 degree pitch?

I never get any worthwhile footage, frankly ... not that I make much effort, to be fair.

Anyhow, as evidence, I give you this:

http://youtube.com/v/FpN8UaLXlYQ

steepish (it's marked as black but I think it's a red). I'm in the red jacket and the white lid. Partly posting to demonstrate to kiwi1 that I received the Nomads he sold me and that they go through pretty much anything. Conditions: tracked powder (10 cm?) on top of crud and mogully hardpack. I'm really selling it, aren't I???
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zammo, You handle them well Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And why were you not in those trees? Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, cheers!

kiwi1, did the trees later .... no footage!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks fun. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zammo, Nice mate, how did the ankle hold up?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kiwi1, ankle all good. Bit of a miracle, frankly!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zammo, You have my sympathies, I suffer from the still photo equivalent. Whenever I take what I think is a killer photo of the steepest section of the black I have just done in the vain hope of impressing my daughter with what a brave and clever mum she has, I look at it later and find it looks about as threatening as a duck down duvet. The one notable exception to this is the set of photos I took of the once black now red Ahorn run in Mayrhofen. This was not remotely scary or particularly steep but looks nearly vertical on the photos!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shoot from the side, not from the bottom.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
zammo, I think it looked really good - I can't ever see me getting that good but it's something to aspire to.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy