Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen - beginner lifts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody know if there are free lifts in Wengen for complete beginners.

We have four children in our group who will be complete novices and going in ski school, would just like to know if they need lift passes from day 1.

thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think they'll need some sort of lift passes, as many lessons are held at Mannlichen or Scheidegg where there are more snow-sure nursery slope facilities. I believe the lifts on the nursery slope in the village are free for ski-school groups though.

If you email or call the ski-school they'll tell you exactly what you need. http://skiwengen.ch/home/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Note also that ski passes in the area have 5 price brackets for a 6 day ski pass they are as follows

Up to 6 years 25CHf
6-15 years 148Chf
16-19 years 236Chf
20+ years 295CHf
62+years 266Chf

I think there are special arrangements for ski school kids on the nursery slopes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suspect that if they didn't need them on day 1 that they would by day 2. The cost difference is fairly minimal, and even if they don't need them to ski, then a ride on the train is always fun and will get you the value for money!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B, 20Sfr for the extra day, could buy a lot of ice creams !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
masmith wrote:
Elizabeth B, 20Sfr p/p for the extra day, could buy a lot of ice creams !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can buy 10-ride tickets for the Wengiboden/Figeler lifts from the Lifty @ wengiboden. They are something like 15ish franks for a child or so, not sure!

The magic carpets are free on small figeler.

I spend 2 mornings doing the (big) figeler lift, so i assume 'we' (the ski school) run them. I never asked for passes/tickets from people in lessons, but got very little instruction on that Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From the horses mouth, i.e. email from the ski school

"Thank you for your e-mail. The lifts at the nursery slope are free of charge, the instructor will tell you when they need a lift pass."

Tends to backup what Ronald said. Thanksalot.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
its only free for kids in ski school or if an adult accompanies ie stands next to the lift/uses the lift at the same time, not sitting in the figeller drinking beer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy