Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens snow report 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Great conditions today all over the area. Light covering of powder made off piste really fun if you new where to go. More snow to come in the next few days so even better conditions on there way I hope.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
36 hours time and I'll be on a plane headed that way...... Brilliant! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy NehNeh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hope the forecast is correct: 30 cms Friday night 12th Jan \ Saturday followed by 25+ cms Monday night 14th Jan through Wednesday pm Very Happy
Bring it on! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
12 sleeps only...... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BMF_Skier, 2.13am Shocked shouldnt that be 12 not sleeps..... wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Today brought high winds and after one run the lifts in VT have been closed all day, BUT it is snowing now and if what they say is correct we are in for another big dump during the next few days. Just looked outside and it is still very windy, lots of windslab so off piste could be very bad tomorrow with big drifts and unstable conditions. They do say the wind will drop and the snow will keep falling, goodie!! snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great snow in Val Thorens. 30 cm yesterday, 10 cm the day before. Today was great conditions with blue sky and deep powder. Tomorrow afternoon they say it might snow again. This winter is making up for last year!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
every day actual pictures and comments from Les Menuires, Val Thorens and the rest of the 3-Vallées

see www.les-alpages-de-reberty.com

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
123_456, Hey cool pics but you never say where they are taken. That would be a great help. Today the snow was great, fresh powder still untracked on protected faces where the wind could not spoil it. Spent all day off piste on Val Thorens Glacier, Mont Vallon and other smaller slopes. The light was flat most of the day but we did have a good spell about mid day. Hope we get a little sun tomorrow, but it looks like even the meteo are not sure. Anyone coming out in the next two weeks be sure to call in at the Frog and Roast Beef. They have a great band playing. PM if you want to meet for a beer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Monday, 14-1-2008

extra snow!

every day actual pictures and comments from Les Menuires, Val Thorens and the rest of the 3-Vallées

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowcrazy wrote:
123_456, Hey cool pics but you never say where they are taken. That would be a great help. Today the snow was great, fresh powder still untracked on protected faces where the wind could not spoil it. Spent all day off piste on Val Thorens Glacier, Mont Vallon and other smaller slopes. The light was flat most of the day but we did have a good spell about mid day. Hope we get a little sun tomorrow, but it looks like even the meteo are not sure. Anyone coming out in the next two weeks be sure to call in at the Frog and Roast Beef. They have a great band playing. PM if you want to meet for a beer.

Hi Snowcrazy,

If you want to know the places where I toke the pictures then go to Flickr and post your question

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/collections/72157603402086881/

and I will give the answer

Have a nice time, but be vary carefull when going off-piste!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another awsome day off piste today with plenty of snow and sun. Winds did pick up after lunch but even then good powder could still be found. After fresh snow last night great condition off the beaten track. Goo runs included down the Caron side into the Vallon du Lou and also from the top of La Masse, although quite busy. Great powder in areas protected from the wind and you could get away from the grouds if you took a good route. The snow in the La Masse area was in great condition, does not get skied as much as other areas. Plenty of safe off piste sheltered from the wind. Pity they shut the Lac Noir lift so early today, but good while it was open. Tomorrow they promise bad weather and loads!! of snow. Have o wait and see. Could be a piste day. 123_456, could you post the location of the pics for use all to share when you add them here, it would be a great help. If you are in Val Thorens do you fancy meeting for a beer some time.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tuesday, 15-1-2008

La Masse
Arrival of La Masse 1
view on Mont de la Chambre with TC Bruyeres

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wednesday, 16-1-2008

Lac des Echauds 2 in Les Menuires
seen from the piste Plan du Bouquet

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
123_456, very nice I love the La Masse one
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thursday, 17-1-2008

Passage du Col de la Chambre

for more pictures , go to my blog at www.les-alpages-de-reberty.com
snow report
Another great ski day today. Powder at all levels. Great off piste and runs in excellent condition. Going up to La Masse there was still untracked powder to be found all the way from the top to the bottom lift, amazing. In Orelle valley the same was found. Over on the other side of the valley going down to St Martin there was still room to put fresh tracks down lots of areas very near to the piste or further away down to the village. By the end of the day we all had tired legs and happy smiles. Looking forward to yet another great day tomorrow.
snow report
snowcrazy sounds fantastic!

looking forward to being back over there next weekend, maybe we can meet up for a beer or even better a ski Very Happy
snow conditions
Friday, 18-1-2008

the other pictures of today can be found on my blog

www.les-alpages-de-reberty.com
ski holidays
Sick photos.

Being a digger-driver and making huge piles of snow has to be one of the coolest jobs going Toofy Grin
snow conditions
What a day, last night it rained/snowed, yes rained in the high mountains. Then it became cold and by the time I climbed from my bed the sun was out and a great day was in store. Today I did a bit of exploring. After a quick warm up, off to La Masse and then off piste by a long route to St Martin. A long trip but worth the effort. Not for the light hearted as there is a monster walk at the end, at least the route I took. All kinds of snow on this route, crust, powder, soft crud, wet snow and sometimes no snow. My feelings now sitting in the bar, worth the effort but not to be done to often. Let's hope for the new snow they are promising on Mon/Tues. Then more sun.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 19-01-08 20:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Saterday, 19-1-2008

the other pictures of today can be found on my blog

www.les-alpages-de-reberty.com
latest report
123_456, nice pictures Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Today the snow on piste was quite hard and icy at the start of the day on most of the high runs near the glacier and the Col. Later in the morning the snow started to get softer as the day progressed but even by mid afternoon areas where the sun did not reach the ground stayed very hard packed. The off piste had a very strange crystal like coating which as the day went on you would brake through. Later in the afternoon when this had softened up it was quite pleasant to ski but still felt very strange. Let's hope for more snow and not rain. Today was very warm in the sun.
snow report
Monday was another sunny day with great on piste skiing all over the three valleys. We made it to 1650 and back via meribel Village and some good off piste in the afternoon. Also good snow on north facing slopes near to the resorts and high on the ridges. Tomorrow they promise more snow!!
ski holidays
Today the snow started to fall in Val Thorens, the links were shut most of the time and you had to go down the valley to see where you were going or link to other places. Good powder but poor light made the skiing hard but still a good days skiing. Tomorrow they say the sun will come out for a few days. That should make for some great skiing.
snow report
Seems like sun on the order for many days to come!
Only downside, no additional snow forcast for the next week.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 24-01-08 14:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
snowcrazy, BMF_Skier,

fancy meeting up for a ski on saturday?

otherwise i'll be in the viking for apres ski!
ski holidays
RogerC
I was out with Jonnyboy yesterday. Glorious weather. Very Happy
Pranged my knee today, (yet again), hopefully resting it will improve things. Sad
Beer seems like a plan.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roger C, If you are into off piste sounds good. Come by the Frog Friday 5pm ish, I will be there then. Today the snow was still great, found more places to put down fresh tracks on La Masse and the Valley behind. Still more room for those that do not mind a hike. Great sun and snow, Looks like there will be no new snow tonight, but we can only hope!!
ski holidays
Another great day in the powder. Well at least we were able to find a little still that was not tracked out. The best conditions seemed to be on the back of Cime de caron in the valley down to the L'eau lift. Areas in the shade and not hit by the wind were still good. Some new snow would be good now or most areas will start to get very worn. Down the back from the top of the Orelle valley by the left gulley still had good snow but you had to take a careful line through the rocks. Tomorrow promises more sun so let's hope for another great day.
latest report
Mondag, 28-1- 2008

for other pictures of today see my blog www.les-alpages-de-reberty.com
latest report
Tuesday, 29-1-2008

snow report
Wednesday, 30-1-2008

snow conditions

ski holidays
2-2-2008

snow conditions
Saterday, 2-2-2008

ski holidays
123_456 wrote:
2-2-2008

Great pics.

Keep 'em coming.

The slopes in parts look like they've taken a beating recently.
snow report
Sunday, 3-2-2008

latest report
see the videoclip on

http://youtube.com/v/GR33n-82Eew
ski holidays
Tuesday, 5-2-2008

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy