Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you think of the cost of our DIY to Les Gets?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is our 2nd Ski Holiday after doing catered chalet last year.

I hope that for a non-last minute we have gotten the best possible price this year. I have done lots of research thanks to this site and this is what we have come up with.. let me know what you think.

Travellers are 4 Adults and 2 children aged 7 and 5. (inc. one adult non skier)

Flights with BMI baby from BHX to Geneva - £258.00 divided by 6 = £43.00 each

Accomadation http://photo.sagets.fr/anthoniozMarcelle/rhodos7/ in the centre of town booked through http://www.lesgets.com/reservation/en/index.html £433 divided by 6 is £72.00 each

Transfer is via a taxi booked through Lesgets.com is £256.00 return divided by 6 is £42.00 each

Sheet hire for the double beds is £34.00 divided by 6 = 5.70

Ski school is with ESF booked via lesgets.com for a 10 % discount 2 1/2 hour morning lessons x 6 day is £78.00 per adults

Ski passes are also discounted by booking in advance are £95.00 per adult

children have a ski pass and lessons package (also with ESF) with the same lesson times as us for £114.00 per child

The ski hire was booked through a site called www.worldski.com which located us the cheapest price at sports2000 which was for ski's, boots, poles £46.00 A and for children with helmets it's £37.00

So our totals are for the adult non skier = £163.00 x 1
. .....adult skier = £381.70 x 3
. .....child skier = £313.70 x 2

Total for the 6 of us is £1935.50 plus spends which will not be a lot as my mum will be cooking most of the time and it taking essentials with her.

Nikki.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would be happy with that ! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NIKKIWHITE, do you want a job? Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another tip I found and used is from our local train station we can get stright to Birmingham airport in 1 hour and the was £11.60 per adult and £3.35 per child using our family rail card for the return journey.

It would have cost us more than this for parking the car for a week let alone parking 2 cars and 2 lots of fuel.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think you might have been able to reduce further the costs of lift passes and ESF lessons for the adults by buying these as a combined package also. I did this a couple of weeks ago - http://www.esf-lesgets.com/fr/p_int_lesgets.php?num_rub=2
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IanTr, Thats well worth knowing. Do you know how much you paid? I can not find the details on the site.

We paid in Euros.

Adults lift pass. 127.35 and 2.5 hr lessons x6 104.50 so 231.85 euros per adult.

Thanks

Nikki.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NIKKIWHITE, I spent just under that for one of my holidays last year. That said, I did leave the family at home Very Happy

Sounds a good deal.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NIKKIWHITE, sounds good - we go there alot and always DIY (we drive). If your mum fancies a night or two off, there are several lovely and reasonably priced restaurants. Sport 2000 is very well placed for ESF but get there well in advance as small boot area gets hot & busy (like most I expect!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NIKKIWHITE wrote:
IanTr...Do you know how much you paid? I can not find the details on the site.

Scroll down the page on the link I included. You're looking for the "Pack Debutants Adultes" - €200.10

Look at the kids version also....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IanTr, Thank you for the info.. can see it now..

BEGINNER PACK FOR ADULTS :

For adults beginners. An all inclusive formula with Les Gets/Morzine lift pass on 6 days and group lessons.

6 ½ days
(mornings or afternoons) 200.10 €
6 days
(mornings + afternoons) 266.10 €

From 30/03/08 to end of ski season :
6 ½ days
222.10 €

When we tried to book via lesgets.com they informed us of the children package for lessons and ski passes which we have booked at a slightly better rate than on the site. ESF are offering the childs 1/2 day at E159.30 anad we got it for E151.30.

I am going to email lesgets.com and ask them about this.

The only thing I can think of is are we classed as beginners if we have done a weeK?

I'll let you know how we have got on.

Nikki
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is my reply email regarding the above..... worth a try though!

The beginners package for adults is only if your in a total beginners class at the ski school. Since you said you have 1 weeks expérience, we made the inscriptions for you in class 1, which is the level just after the beginners group. Being in class 1, you can not access to the beginners package.

(It's different for children, the beginners package is valid for the first two levels)

Kind regards.

Charlotte, Les Gets Réservation
charlotte@lesgets.com
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
NIKKIWHITE, I spent just under that for one of my holidays last year. That said, I did leave the family at home Very Happy

Sounds a good deal.

Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy