Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chamonix lift pass question-any offers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
It used to be the case that you could buy a lift passs for the day for one area eg brevent,which was cheaper than a chamonix pass.Has this been scrapped?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There was no such pass when we asked for one a couple weeks ago at Flegere.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No.

One can always buy a local ticket for one resort and save money. It applies to all Alpine resorts. The only one that doesn't do it is Tignes and Val D but that is because the two are physically linked. I suppose it makes sense that the Les Gets ski pass must include Morzine otherwise it would be hellish to check the skiers crossing the fully linked border, unless it is by automatic detection.

I always buy individual tickets at every resort in Chamonix and cann't imagine a French parent would pay a ski pass to cover the whole valley including the Grands Montets when his/her 3 years old child is just using the nursery slope in La Planard. Many beginner areas in Chamonix typically have no more than 3 lifts and 4 runs. The ski pass sold locally to the resort is always for that resort unless you ask for the whole area. If you buy it at a Tourist office then they would whack you for the whole area by default.

The practice does get changed if you go to Switzerland, Italy or Austria, the latter you can buy one even the whole region..

Brevent is linked to La Flegere so it could be just one ski pass for it now.

Personally I have never purchased the Chamski (for the whole valley), not even once, but have skied every area of the Chamonix. I am pretty sure the cost of opting for a daily pass at each resort is cheaper than the daily cost of the Chamski. Physically it is not easy to do several resorts in a day but one multi-day Chamski does mean no need to queue for a ski pass each day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I repeat. A couple weeks ago, upon enquiring at the ticket office at the base of the Flegere cable car, we were told that the cheapest option to access that area for a single day was the Chamonix Le Pass.

saikee, are you telling me that the woman working there was indeed wrong, and that there is in fact a single pass that covers only Flegere-Brevent for less than the €37 that the Le Pass costs?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ami in berlin.
you confirm what they say on the website.
It used to be much cheaper to buy a pass just for brevent/flegere.Now it seems its 37 euros for the day wherever you ski,which is porbably a bit of a rip off?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am pretty sure that Le Pass is the default option for a reguler day's skiing unless you want top tickets at GM etc. It is still possible IIRC to buy the limited beginner area passes which usually cover a single lift like the drag at the bottom of Le Tour.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In April 07, the only options for ticketing other than Savoy were, "Chamonix Le Pass" or "Mont-Blanc Unlimited". There was no Chamski Pass, or single hill tickets available.
ami in berlin is correct, and http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/pages/forfaits_tarifs_1.html do seem to agree with her.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is quite possible that there is a re-alignment of the ski pass system in Chamonix which now advertises 2 main type, Le Pass and unlimited.

My guess, for not been there for a few years, is that the 3 main skiing areas of Le Balme (top of Le Tour), Grands Montets and Brevent/Glegere are now common. This entitles the resort owner to get more money out of the skiers for a day pass even though it is unrealistic to ski all three areas in the same day. Selling one common ski pass also implies the piste map has to cover all 3 sectors and the benginner areas the pass claims to cover.

Just about 2 to 3 years ago each of the above 3 areas have their own piste maps in different colour, which I collect, and sell their own ski passes. I would be very surprised if a beginner visiting Vormaine or La Planard, both have no more than 3 lifts and each have about 3 short pistes, has to pay for a ski pass for the 3 sectors that he/she may have a problem even jumping out of the chairlift. The above two areas are used by the Chamonix schools for the pupils PE lessons. They obviously do not need to pay but I have seen a lot of beginners go there to start their skiing. The chamonix web site now indicates one pays 37 Euro to go up Brevent or 12.8 Euro to stay in the begineer area of Le Savoy.

Les Houches is included in Chamonix unlimited pass but excluded in the Le Pass. That alone implies local ski pass for Les Houches must be possible.

The way of charging a ski pass is similar to a union wanting a pay rise. If there is a way or excuse to squeeze more out of the skiers the resort owner will go for it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy