Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern extended lift pass ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Obertauern 19th Jan and wondering if there is any easy way of skiing other areas ? I won't have a car. I remember reading somewhere about an extended lift pass and would be grateful if somebody would tell me if there is such a thing, where you get it, how much extra mileage it gets you and whether this is easily accessible by local bus etc. Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are three options. The main Obertauern liftpass is just what you see on the normal piste map. There is then the Lungo skipass which includes a number of other areas such as Katschberg and Mauterndorf and others, all smaller than Obertauern, then there is the Salzburg super ski pass which is everything in the Salzburg region.

I am not sure about getting to the other areas by local bus as Obertauern is kind of on its own up there, but someone with local knowledge might be able to help.

More info at http://www.ski-obertauern.at/ which is the lift company website.

D
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
truffaut, yep, the Super Salzburgerland Ski pass covers Ski Amade and Obertauren. I would think its available at lift stations in Obertauren but I dont know for certain. As for getting around, there is a post bus back down the hill into Radstadt (my home town) then you will have to change at the post office and get another bus to wherever you want to go. Its possible but time consuming - best if you have a car really. Or stay in Ski Amade - ski some of the vast network and get a bus up to Obertauren for the day. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Salzburg Super Ski pass is available in Obertauern for a smallish premium over the normal pass and I think is the cheapest option if you're doing more than a couple of days elsewhere though beware that it doesn't include the Obertauern night skiing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies.

Any further info about the buses I would need to take gratefully received eg. how long would it take to get from Obertauern to these other ski areas via Radstadt etc ?

Also, which other ski areas within the extended pass would you particularly recommend ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I really enjoyed Zauchensee, a nice little varied area at good altitude, and I always enjoy the Flachau/Wagrain area as well.

In a car, all of them are perfectly accessible from OT, but I don't know enough about the bus running times to be able to advise I'm afraid. I think if flangesax comes back he may be able to advise as he lives in Radstadt, but in all cases it will be one bus down the valley and another one to wherever you want to go I think, So I would factor in around an hour each way depending on connections.

D
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
truffaut, ok, here is the postbus link - its 20km from Obertauren to Radstadt so probably 30 mins on the bus.
http://www.postbus.at/en/index.jsp

get off at the post office in Radstadt, its obvious - yellow Post signs, and then wait for a skibus - the local Radstadt one is white and blue - every 30mins, journey time to slope = 5 mins. Having said that - there is a closer bus stop - get off at the first stop on the Hoffer/Aldi roundabout, you will see Hoffer/Aldi on your right, then its a roundabout then a bus stop. Cross the road and wait for the skibus - you are 2 mins from the slopes at this point.

You can have a ski at Radstadt, ski down to Alternmarkt (follow the chairlift not the gondala), hop on a bus to Zauchensee, busses every 15 mins, journey time 10 mins. Or you can wait at Radstadt post office for busses to Zauchensee or Wagrain or Flachau or Reiteralm/Fageralm. Zauchensee also links with Flachau Winkl.

Here are links for the ski bus timetables.

http://www.radstadt.com/winterurlaub/skibus.htm

I would say stay at my gaff, but Im full at week - think of us for your next trip! Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flangesax, thanks for obliging, and sorry cos I didn't mean to give you a job to do but knew you would know better than I!

D
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Deliaskis, thats ok - we know the busses well! Our car was in the garage for 5 months from July! The ski busses work really well and often save a long and difficult walk from the other end of a car park!

We will get to Zell one day - especially as its on our lift pass! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flangesax, wow that's a long time to be carless! At least it was summer though.

We'll be over in Zell for a week from 1st to 8th of March if you fancy a daytrip over to ski with a fellow snowHead and friends...

D
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Deliaskis, ok, Ive put it in the diary - I will try and get over. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
flangesax, thanks very much for the info ! [/b]
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy