Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villars

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Actively researching resorts close to Geneva for quick breaks, I have added Villars to my list.

I have lots of bumf on where to stay, but how would you rate it for an improving intermmediate and a advanced (nutter)? Something for both of us? January or March enjoy good snow? Comments appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beverley, I would certainly rate it highly for the improving intermediate as that is what I was when I was there last. Certainly, more than enough skiing for a weekend. We are going there again this year (6 weeks - yeah!!!). I couldn't comment about it for the advanced/nutter level though.

I expect/hope that ise will comment later as he lives near there and must know it well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry, I never go. I do go to Leysin and Les Diablerets which are close by though. Leysin is excellent though and I can really recommend that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably better for the improving intermediate than the nutter, although still some opportunities for the latter. Extensive area, good variety, great views, trying to make up for underinvestment in the lift system but still some notable problems - snow making is almost non-existent (and they need it given lowish altitude), and the chair and drag lift connection to Les Diablerets are both about 20 years past their sell by date. Worth a trip to the Les Diablerets glacier just for the 14km run off the back (Combe d'Audon) to Rausch- it's a long hike from Villars (including a bus when you get to Les Diablerets) but this is one of my favourites anywhere.

If you've got a car, plenty of other opportunities within easy driving distance (Leysin, Portes du Soleil, Verbier)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy