Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spain - Sierra Nevada 5th Jan '08

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am no expert at describing snow - suffice to say the Ski school were extremley happy with conditions after snowfall on the 3rd Jan. Posting pics to try and give an idea. Haven't managed to turn the one of Mr LS round - but for those who know the saga of his previous skiing attempt it is an amazing photo any way round! Very Happy

View back from the bus around 6.30pm

Mr LS on a green run

View from the restaurant back down to Pradollano
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is that a big satellite dish, or have the aliens landed?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Late starter,

Nice, tell us more
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Doubt it was aliens - I would have scared em off when I had an unexpected experience on a 6 man chair with a singles queue - the 3 to my right didn't move over when a single filtered in from the left leaving me with no seat (instructor also present as 6th person) - I was not quiet in my reaction to this Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, Thanks - they opened much more of the resort over the weekend tho they still need more snow to open up properly - but I'm pretty certain this is much better than last year when they had very limited passes well in to January. Downside of Friday was a 30min queue for the gondola but this was eased Sat am by them opening some strategic chair lifts.

Wind was moderate (resort closed by wind Wed pm and Thurs) , warmth significant - this after all is the place that advertises skiing in the morning and beach-lounging in the afternoon for March/April (1 1/2 hours from the Med).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thats funny I was there Friday. I was on x-mas break in Marbella and drove up after the snow on weds/thurs, great day out although give that only about a 1/4 of the resort was open the lift q's were nasty. On the drive back I stopped at the first beach (Motril?) and went for a swim - just so I can say I did the ski/swim in one day thing. Air temp was about 18 C but the water was horrifically cold.

My Spainish Brother in Law is insiting I come back at easter and do the swim/ski thing properly. If Ryanair comes good I may well do so.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Late starter, that middle pic is fantastic! Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice pics!

I have quite a fond spot for the Sierra Nevada I must admit.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well done Dave!!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i love it there as we go every shows wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy