Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car parking and travel Les Arcs Les Alpages de Chantel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi y'all first post on what is a most excellent forum.

Off to Les Arcs in a few weeks, plan lands 08:50 Geneva and we've hired a car so with the early start I'm keen to get there and spend a couple of hours on the slopes in the afternoon. With this in mind what's the car parking issue like as the hotel has parking subject to availability and is non bookable, don't wanna mess around trying to offload the car and miss valuable slope time. Plus whats the best route from Geneva, motorway towards Chambery or cut through the valleys at Annecy??

Can't wait to get out there, missed all last season

Jimchoc
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jimchoc, Welcome to snowHeads. That's a good choice of accommodation for your holiday Wink

Do you know which building you are in at Alpage du Chantel? There are small external car parks at each of the buildings but these do get very busy, although you'll arrive fairly early so you should get a space without too much of an issue. However, if you do use the car during the week there's no guarantee you'll get a space close to your accommodation. If you can book a parking space when you get there I would recommend it. As well as a guaranteed space, ease of access (you'll get a remote for the garage door)you won't have to dig your car out if you get snow during the week.

There's not much difference in travel time between the Chambery or Annecy routes. I prefer the Annecy route just for the benefit of the wonderful scenery along the lake. On Saturdays Annecy can get a little bit busy, but you should have a jumpstart on most of the traffic arriving at GVA before 9am.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Jimchoc, welcome to SnowHeads! The block has plenty of outdoor parking, which is free. While you cannot book the underground car park, it is unlikely to be full until late afternoon. But if you're hiring the car, why pay to keep their car clean? Toofy Grin

From Geneva, aim for Annecy, then Ugine, then Albertville, then Moutiers. The motorway option is not sensible. You might struggle with package coaches at that time of the morning, so do your best to get away from the airport quickly. Most coaches will take a pee break just past Albertville, so push on so you don't get held up when the dual carriageway finishes past Moutiers. As you approach Aime and the BStM, take a look at the queues coming the other way Shocked that will be you if you leave the journey till the afternoon! Also, its a big reason for leaving very early or very late at the end of your holiday.

Oh, if you need food shopping, there's a coupla supermarkets on the way out of BStM, just before you head up the hill.

The MGM apartments are "verrr narrssss" and you'll find that you can ski on arrival - the lift by the building (called Chantel as well) is free on Sat/Sun if you don't want to go far. There's a Skiset hire shop in the building and you'll find it easy to ski first, unpack later, although do let Reception know as soon as you arrive - they might be able to have your room ready sooner.

I'm there for the week commencing 2nd February, so send me a PM if you're there that week and want some company.

Have a cracking holiday!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sproggski wrote:
the lift by the building (called Chantel as well) is free on Sat/Sun if you don't want to go far.

Is that true? I never realised that. Just thought it was (now) a regular pay-for lift.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, you've must have more fingers than me! Encouraging that we confer on most points although, assuming Jimchoc is in Chantel 1, I've never been unable to get in the outdoor car park (but yes, got pushed along towards the far end when I popped out midweek).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sproggski, during school holidays that car park can get full and people park on the side of the road down towards the centre of the resort. The situation is even worse at the Roselend building.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, as of last February that is... As a frequent flyer, you may well be correct but, on the other hand, when you have a skipass, you tend not to notice such pedantries - with little kids, we wanted to "blood" them without risking wasted expense if they didn't like it. Oh how wrong I was, my little girl is now firing down all Reds and only her small size and weight is preventing her from entering the pre-comp level courses.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sproggski wrote:
when you have a skipass, you tend not to notice such pedantries -

That's right, I tend not to pay any attention to the status of the lifts so you're probably right.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers all, info is comprehensive and really helpfull - this forum is a mine of great info. Arrive on Sunday 20th and leave late on the Thursday so hopefully miss the masses on the roads. Here's hoping for great conditions, really wanna board the fluffy stuff.

Jimchoc
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy