Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spot fines for drunk skiers in Pamporovo, Bulgaria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pamporovo in Bulgaria has announced that it has a newly formed Ski Patrol that will be imposing fines of around 150 Euros on skiers and boarders who are drunk on the slopes. The decision to fine drunk skiers, boarders and snomobilers was made by the municipal council in the local town of Chepelare at a meeting last month.
...The new ski patrol will also be responsible for making sure that safety is maintained on Pamporovo's slopes.

Source: Patrick Thorne www.snow24.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought the main reason for skiing in Bulgaria was the cheap drink?
I wonder if this is a purely local thing or the first sign of a national shift toward closing down their ski industry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The police were no doubt pissed off that were unable to shake down the foreign tourists on the road for motoring "offences" so they must have lobbied hard for this one.

Should be fun to see this implemented.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm - I have visions of someone being chased by ski-patrol with flashing blue lights on their helmets, waving a breathalyser bag - I do so wish I could draw as it'd make a brilliant cartoon!

On a serious note I do think it is a good idea, as I for one don't want to be downhill of some inexperienced numpty whose lunchtime skinful has suddenly made him into an expert slalom racer.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
where is the line drawn?

how much alcohol constitutes being drunk? remember certain people can't drink as much as others.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Technically speaking you can be fined for being drunk on the slopes in Austria upto €5000 !!
Skiing while intoxicated is illegal in Austria. I have not heard of anyone ever being fined other than when a third party has been involved in an accident.

I doubt it would ever be enforced as that would be commercial tourism suicide for Austria !
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton, Everyone would have to walk down from KK and Mooserwirt Sad Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can actually comment on this 1st hand as I have skied Pamps. Went on a last minute cheapy a couple of years ago £149 , 4* hotel half board so not complaining (cheaper than stopping at home, but Paradiski it ain't).

But after you have skied the 25KM on offer in the first 2 hours of your hols, what else is there to do.

Only joking I would rec anyone to go Pamps on 1st skiing trip. But they would never return after going to Alps, unless it was £149 all in as I did, and to be honest the terrain as limited as it is, Its OK. Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy