Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Reminder......Guiding Really is So Important

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure no-one here really does need a reminder, but in case there's any doubt, one of my work colleagues and friend went skiing last week with a group of 20. Her 2 children (16 and 13) went off piste with another lad.

Tragically, their friend (a reasonably experienced skier) skied off a cliff. It would appear that no-one realised the apparent danger and couldn't see the potential hazard.

It's sometimes easy to forget that skiing can be very unforgiving to put it mildly.

Sorry to start the week off in this vein.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad

There is an accident mentioned here (scroll down a bit) in Meribel where a 17 year old English person skied off a cliff.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That was indeed the accident, Sherman-maeir. From what I now understand this happened in a very well used area of off-piste. In other words, plenty of tracks and carved up moguls. It would seem there were no markers of any sort. I also understand that the young lad was familiar with the area.

The guy veared away from the group, perhaps to do what he thought was a jump, and fell 40m.

From what I can make out, there does appear to be a concern that although the group were off piste, there were up to 30 other people in the vicinity and the area was clearly skied fairly heavily, but no warnings or markers about the edge were apparent.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy