Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff 08 (most of) Season Trip Report

Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd start now as I leave in 5 hours, will endevour to keep it going but I cannot make any promises at this time! Any one else ever get the feeling they have forgotten anything? The weather in Banff tomorrow should be cloudy with sunny periods, high of -5. Skiing on Thursday at Sunshine Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossfra8, You lucky lucky guy! When you planning on staying out there until? Have a great season and try and keep us up to date with reports! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Liam, End March, got my instructor exams to sit and such like.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rossfra8, Might try and say hello wink As we are out that way in March Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Keep posting, i'm pretty sure a fair few of us will be hitting Banff this season, me included. Any updates much appreciated. snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have just reached Calgary. Yes missed my conecting fight in Heathrow due to delays, sent to Toronto, missed connection to Calgary (yet more delays) and about an hour ago i was informed "THEY" had lost my ski bag with about £1600 worth of kit in it and i may njot get it back. They have however promised me $50 a day to rent-will check rates in Banff tomorrow morning, im up in 5 hours and this keyboard is annoying me, i'll be in touch.

Staying in the sandman airport hotel which is fantastic-free shuttle and everything-$160 for the night, King bed, Jacuzzi bath designed for abut 8 people and freeinternet!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh dear - not a good start to your trip! Hopefully it can only get better Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good luck tracking down your kit, what a nightmare... Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rossfra8, What a complete barsteward. Hope it turns up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
just off to the airport now to see if it has cropped up then onto Banff at 9 oclock our time (well my time) Its currently about -6 outside and dark.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rossfra8, were there any attractive ladies who also missed flights that were able to help you with that Jacuzzi... Shocked

$50 should be enough for some decent rentals. Hope your other kit turns up mind - will your insurance cover up to £1600? I had to upgrade my insurance to cover all of my kit as the basic only covered up to £500 worth of ski equipment. Sad
latest report
 brian
brian
Rossfra8, anybody getting a (most of) season out there deserves a bit of misery to start with Toofy Grin

Have a great season (you jammy git !)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skisimon, no attractive ladies Sad however Canada is amazing for the ladies in general, great er, personalities! Been here about 2 hoursnow and not getting skiing till tomorrow, hire skis are Nordica Hot Rod Jet Fuels? i think! but have to put up with rental boots, hopefully my skis etc should arrive tonight and I will be a happy boy. Picked up my season pass bought some Hestra gloves (10% discount which is pretty damn good!). First day skiing tomorrow withplenty snow forcast. Will try and get some pics and in turn get them uploaded so you can all be jelous. Having dinner at 6, pub at 8. Gonna try and get some ice skating done on the river at some point aswell.

Maybe my skis wont turn up and i'll get full refund and in turn dirty cheap canadian skis (despite poo-poo*ty dollar). Some extra spending money.

Ciao
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rossfra8, so now you have been here a whole week where is the update wink We had a fair bit of snow here in Canmore yesterday but apparently there was not so much at Banff and none at Sunshine Sad Anyway I should be on the slopes on Sunday I think, may try to get in to a boarding lesson, if not will be pottering around the slopes on my own as my son is in an all day lesson and wife and daughter are going out tomorrow instead. Forecast says snow tomorrow then three days of sunshine, so I might get some nice conditions on Sunday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
solarfish wrote:
Rossfra8, so now you have been here a whole week where is the update wink

It's in the middle of the Les Arcs thread of course, don't tell me you didn't think of looking there rolling eyes
snow conditions
FenlandSkier, Aha, I see the problem:

Rossfra8 wrote:
Having an excellent time here in Banff just had approx 5 pints and feeling heavy rough due to altitude

Perhaps when he sobers up he will find the right thread or at least one relating to the right continent wink

I shall keep my open for a drunken Scotsman on the slopes on Sunday, shouldn't be too difficult to spot rolling eyes
latest report
What's he complaining about, I had two large G&Ts just for breakfast this morning!

Rossfra8 wrote:
skisimon, no attractive ladies Sad however Canada is amazing for the ladies in general, great er, personalities!
I've never previously been approached by/chatted to so many (predominantly attractive) ladies as I did im my hotel's bar before Christmas...
snow conditions
solarfish, Toofy Grin
Make a noise like a haggis and he'll track you down.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy