Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for Niseko, Japan?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm going to be in Japan for two weeks in early March, and I'm looking into trying to get a week of skiing in...currently thinking about Niseko after hearing how much snow they've had Very Happy

Has anyone got any recommendations on accommodation, or which operators/websites are useful starting points? I'm looking for something reasonably priced in a convenient location (aren't we all!), and my girlfriend speaks Japanese so communication isn't an issue (in case that broadens the options).

More excitingly, does anyone know where's a good place to head for accessible off-piste? We're both pretty competent skiers...though of course not above taking regular tumbles in the deep stuff Embarassed

Ta in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Booked a week in Niseko Hirafu a week from 12 Mar.

Just suck and see in our case.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good place to start is www.snowjapan.com
Enjoy!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Use the search funtion over on http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/index.php

Please don't just jump in and ask for information without searching first. There are a number of Japan based people there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the pointers.

I'd done quite a lot of looking on the net before, but hadn't come across the tetongravity posts - they're a goldmine. Only problem is that now I'm not sure whether to head for Niseko or Hakuba!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ChrisWo wrote:
Thanks for the pointers.

I'd done quite a lot of looking on the net before, but hadn't come across the tetongravity posts - they're a goldmine. Only problem is that now I'm not sure whether to head for Niseko or Hakuba!
check out www.powder.tv coool vid reports... I am here 4 the season & its been dumping so much more than last year.... Its crazy... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went to Hakuba in march of last year and stayed at the Hakuba Powder Lodge. its' run by Nick and Hiro who are delightful and helpful people who will put you up for about 3000Y/night ($30au) dunno what in stirling but not much. The lodge is self catering and very close to transport or a short hike to the lifts.
If you want to contact me by email Ill post my beginners (thats me) guide to skiing in Japan. Most of the people who stay at the lodge seem to prefer the off piste skiing and boarding. Nick and the others are a mine of information about where to go and the gear to use.

hybridfiat@hotmail.com
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy