Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra - Encamp or Canillo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I fancied Soldeu but only expensive hotels available (Although I'm told The Sport Hotel is excellent). Should I go to Encamp or Canillo?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at Grau Roig and El Tarter too, you might get a decent price in one of them, and you're not quite so far out.

The Sport Hotel is good (and her sisters are supposedly even better).

Canillo may be the better option of the two, owing to it being the 'capital' of the region. But having not been to either I can't really pass on reliable advice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Simon,

I know Andorra well having been there on several occasions in both summer and winter. Canillo always looks nice when I've driven/ridden through but I don't know if it's very "ski orientated". Encamp is kind of at the end of the grandvilara area from memory which isn't so good. El Tartar, I have stayed at a couple of times but I included that with Soldeu as it's just down the hill slightly. I did also wonder about staying in Andorra La Vella but don't know if you can get a bus out or anything to ski, also parkings an issue in the capital
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
depends what type of hotel you need. me and some mates are staying at a 2 star hotle in Soldeu for roughly about £25 per nigh half board. snowHead but how long do you need to be in a hotel when there are bars to go to wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which hotel are you in? I do have a 12yo son though...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MickKnipfler, Canillo is OK as the gondola runs from the centre and there is the Palu de Gel for your son (swimming pool, ice rink etc.) but be aware that there are not too many brits in town. Furthermore some of the cheap hotels are a fair way out of the centre. Encamp has also a gondola but not quite as central, yes there are buses but a bit unreliable from both. I don't know if the Hotel Alba is open again in El Tarter but it was good value. (Piers ran into financial difficulties last season)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks again....I'll check it out. I quite like El Tarter
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi
snowheads virgin here, can anyone tell me how much the lift pass ws are for 6 days in pas?? Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi
snowheads virgin here, can anyone tell me how much a lift pass will be for 6 days in pas?? Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
it's simple

Stay in the sport hotel soldue - yes it will cost more but you'll have better holiday Much more going on in the village - bars, night clubs. Most instructors live and drink in teh village (not like the arrogant French instructors). You can ski directly to the hotel lifts. The telecabin goes into the hotel complex.

El Iarter is okay - but boring.

Canillo is okay - much less night life and more Spanish - ice rink and swiming pool.

Encamp is the pits I know as i lived there for three years.

Pay the extra and you get a far better holiday for the upcharge
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Welcome trignuts1, Here you go, look here http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=4&section=110&subsection=255 Pas is part of the Grandvalira area unless you just want one sector.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MickKnipfler, this is there website www.hotel-roc.com
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dypcdiver wrote:
Welcome trignuts1, Here you go, look here http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=4&section=110&subsection=255 Pas is part of the Grandvalira area unless you just want one sector.

Thanks for that, didn't know weather to pre book a lift pass on line or wait till we get out there.
Looks like i'd only save about £3, so I'll wait till we get out there.
Many thanks Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy