Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last Minute Deal’s... Half Term Week???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I normally like to get a last minute deal off the internet and am very flexible about where I stay and what resort I go to. My new flatmate however is a teacher so this year I will be forced to ski half term week with her, she is also a bit of a snob so is rather particular about the resorts she ski’s in (French Mega Resort) and the accommodation she stays in. I know this isn’t normally commensurate with teacher’s salaries but I think Daddy usually assists her somewhat. I have tried to convince her that there are always last minute deals available… even in really nice chalets in really big resorts.

I know we will be able to ski somewhere on the cheap, even if it is in a tiny little Austrian village staying in a tiny little pension. This wouldn’t bother me but it would her although I am sure she would be fine when we got there.

Have people booked last minute for half term week before and got great deals? It seems that this year there are rather fewer bargains available, which is a little bit of a worry.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have been subjected to this half term problem for some years and have found that the later you leave it the less the choice is and that is booking before Christmas. The French mega resorts will be horrible ( IMHO ) and really busy even if you do manage to find somewhere to stay and a means of getting there ( flights tend to be rarer than hen's teeth if you leave it too late ).

I have given up with France at half term and go to Italy instead, the travelling is easier, the resorts less busy and it's a bit easier on the pocket.

Good luck finding something suitable
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mollynmeg, I don't know what your definition of cheap is but it does not normally apply to the Feb week. There are still holiday available but if you leave it to the last minute you may not get a very wide choice.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have gone to Steamboat for £300 room and flights, had a week in Austria for £150 room and flights and a chalet in tignes for a week for £250, as well as others.

A chalet for somewhere between £250 and £350 would be great, is this realistic in any resort it wouldn't have to be france... i don't think so anyway!

How busy is it anyway? the only time I have skied at half term was 12 years ago when i was on a school trip. I have skied christmas and new years in resorts and never had to queue other than that I normally ski March to April
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A number of years back, we did feb 1/2 term last minute deals.....but it was always allocation on arrival and "cheap" accommodation. Good value for what we got, but certainly not the sort of stuff you would pay brochure price for.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy