Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inns of Banff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone stayed at The Inns Of Banff? Ten of us are booked into their Executive Cottage later this season, and another four in a self-catering condo.

Any info on Banff in general, or this accomodation in particular would be much appreciated.

We're a mixed ability group ranging from a couple of early intermediates up to advanced skiers, and a couple of snowboarders ( Embarassed ).

Thanks

BrightonSki
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed in the Inns of Banff several times, last time about 5 years ago. It's fine. It's on the edge of town, about 15 mins walk to the centre. In the evenings there's an almost free bus thing, and cabs are dirt cheap. There's a decent enough ski hire joint in it.

The hotel has a modest pool, an excellent outdoor hot tub, a bar called 'The Bears Den' (it was going to be called 'The Milngavie', apparently, but the locals couldn't pronounce it properly), an OK restaurant and a good Japanese restaurant. The breakfast buffet is not great, but good value, especially if you have kids. I prefer to eat up the mountain. Rooms are a good size, comfortable but uninspired.

Take a sat nav. The hotel is built on the side of a hill on different levels connected by various bridges and tunnels, and was apparently designed by Escher. It'll take you at least a week to work out how to get from your room to the bar and even longer to work out how to get back.

Although it's not the best hotel in the world, or even in Banff, by some way, it has a good atmos and we were fond of it. We gave it up eventually for the Banff Springs, which is much better but much pricier.

As for Banff in general, search the site, there's loads on it. I (and others I'm sure) will be happy to answer any specific questions. I and my family love the place, skied there 6 years on the trot. Your group should find it pretty good. Skiing is at Sunshine (20 mins), Norquay (10 mins and underrated) and also at Lake Louise (40 mins). There's plenty for pretty much everyone, good ski schools and creche. You might try the program they run which involves skiing the 3 'hills' on consecutive days with he same instructor, I can't remember it's name.

I'd recommend a car in Banff, to avoid the transfer and to give you flexibility getting to and fro the slopes. It's by no means essential, as there's a pretty fair bus service (there was talk of this being reduced in some way, don't know what happened).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inns Of Banff are at the far end of the road from the main centre of Banff - perhaps 25/30 mins walk?, although there are regular little shuttle buses that run round town. I've never stayed there but they always seem fairly popular here & good value for money. AND you'll get dropped off the ski bus first Toofy Grin

There's lots been written on here about Banff generally if you do a search
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BrightonSki, wot richmond said - stayed there twice. If you like steak eat at Bumpers across the road - fantastic Alberta beef.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're planning to hire 2/3 cars to help get around, especially as we're 20 mins or so walk into Banff centre.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy