Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FlyBE from Soton

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any experience of check-in etc on a saturday morning?

Also where to park etc?

for 8am Salzburg flight.

Thank you!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hobbiteater, Southampton is a great airport to fly from! We flew to Manchester on a Saturday & check in was easy - not sure what it would be like for a ski check in though.

Parking is very easy - right on site & a quick walk over - or a couple of minutes on the bus in if in the long stay carpark.

The only problem we've had has been with Flybe themselves - they are very tight on baggage allowance. So check what you are allowed beforehand & stick to it (be very careful if you have a teenage daughter with you rolling eyes )

Have a good trip snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hobbiteater, as geri, says, Soton is a fab airport to fly from, parking is absolutely no problem and buses to long stay car park seem pretty regular if you are parking there rather that in the short stay right next to the terminal.

Only problem might be if there are a lot of ski flights etc going out I have sometimes seen massive queues at flybe check in when I've been flying to glasgow with BA (and been very glad I wasn't in them!) - loads of people with skis/boards etc.....small airport has its advantages but also limited number of check in desks! So I would just recommend getting there nice and early to try and avoid the worst of it. Hopefully you are going early enough that it won't have built up too much yet - in fact now that I've mentioned it you'll probably see no queues at all rolling eyes if there are big queues there always seem to be staff going up and down shuffling people to the front who are getting close to the close of check in so never seems much danger of flights being missed or anything.

Enjoy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Since FlyBe took over some of the BA routes from Soton (and introduced some new destinations) I have noticed much longer queues for checkin.
Might be worth looking at the on-line checkin facility.

Also - I remember getting a bit worried last that my board wouldn't make it onto the flight as they changed to planes with less baggage space. They added a 'max length' parameter to their baggage allowance.
I got there early to try to give me the best chance possible, and although my board bag is over 5 feet I got it onto the plane.

http://www.flybe.com/customerRelations/showAnswer.do;jsessionid=26597FD019B2A2B7EE6FFFDC5DC09E6C
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
geri, vivski,

whats' the long stay car park called please - all i can find is a pink elephant that charges a kidney a day...

10 years ago i lived in the tower block on the approach and have flown from there - but never from the terminal... ...things have changed since then rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hobbiteater, I think pink elephant is the only long stay operator and no they aren't cheap.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hobbiteater, Are you close enough to make it worth taking a taxi? I think Nick L, is right - Pink Elephant are the onlycar parking people.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hobbiteater, To confirm - Pink Elephant are *the* long term car park operator. I had to use Southampton the week before Christmas to fly to Newcastle and parked in the long term.

Don't know where you are but I tried Bristol to Newcastle the week after Christmas and it was bedlam in tne terminal compared to Southampton, but parking was cheaper.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Im in basingsmoke, so taxi down for £30 and train back for £10.

Pink Kidney Stealing Robbing Elephants >£60
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hobbiteater, Train is the perfect solution then - the staion is at the airport
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geri, i think you'll find it is 99 steps away! NehNeh

unfortunately there's not a train early enough for my flight out wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bloomin eck that's daylight robbery by pink elephant!! Sad Never had to use it cos I lived close enough just to get the bus or walk depending on luggage, or use short stay when pickin people up.... train station is right there tho so at least is handy for the return trip Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/ might knock a few quid off the prices, I know it does for other airports.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier,

Just a word of caution about that particular aggregator - I too was singing its praises until last week when I went to book a "meet and greet" at Gatwick. A company recommended to me (Meteor) was quoted by these guys at £107 for 6 days.

Ouch. Look at another operator.

Then I went and got a quote at their website direct, and got it £56. Which was also cheaper than others on the aggregator site.

Something rotten in the state of Denmark? Or a lesson - don't always trust the first thing you read on the internet!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JimW, that the best method of attack with all these sort of outfits though, use them as a source of prices but go direct as well to see what the best option is.
I've also searched on the names it comes up with before and found another quid or 2 off with better deals via other websites.
snow conditions
Sorry, number wrong above.

long stay at Southampton is:

£73.80 Saving £4.50

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy