Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Footwarmers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I desparately need to keep my toes warm. They get seriously cold and hurt, if very cold , a lot on thawing. Not sure this is good and so am thinking of a warmer.

Have done a search and a couple of you seem to have thermic ones? Are these better than Hotronics?

Are all these better than disposable warming toe pads?

What should I be looking for in a warmer? I am still very happy with my boots which are pretty comfy, so don't want to mess round to much with insole-footbed

Gryphea
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't use these warmers but i have sold both makes ove rthe years, IMO the thermic is the better product, but there is not much in it, i would use these over any of the disposable ones, depending of what type of footbed you have will depend on the version of your chosen product that you need to buy, if you have a custom footbed then you need to get a set with bare elements and a cover, if you have no footbed then there are versions from thermic mounted onto a basic off the peg footbed, or you could get a custom footbed made as holding the foot in a good position can help with circulation

a wool based sock may also be a big help as it will remove the transient moisture from the skin and keep the foot warmer.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

don't use these warmers but i have sold both makes ove rthe years, IMO the thermic is the better product, but there is not much in it, i would use these over any of the disposable ones, depending of what type of footbed you have will depend on the version of your chosen product that you need to buy, if you have a custom footbed then you need to get a set with bare elements and a cover, if you have no footbed then there are versions from thermic mounted onto a basic off the peg footbed, or you could get a custom footbed made as holding the foot in a good position can help with circulation

a wool based sock may also be a big help as it will remove the transient moisture from the skin and keep the foot warmer.

Thanks CEm. Hotronic seem more popular out here. Think I will have to actually see some and get professional advice, rather than order on net. Will get some merino socks and I am also thinking about a neoprene cover

Gryphea
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have an ancient pair of Hotronics that have served me well over the years.

I wouldn't be able to survive without them. They are worth their weight in gold!!

I have the heating elements placed on top of my mouldable footbeds, but you would never know fit wise.

I also swear by my Smartwool socks!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had some hotronics for about 7 or 8 years now, and wouldn't ski without them now. I have poor circulation and and before getting these my feet would go numb and then be agony once the boots were off and started to warm up (usually in a bar!). Still not brilliant after a day skiing, but a vast improvement and can stay out much longer then I could without them (which easily justifies buying them).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A warm hat/helmet will help.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I have an ancient pair of Hotronics that have served me well over the years.

I wouldn't be able to survive without them. They are worth their weight in gold!!

I have the heating elements placed on top of my mouldable footbeds, but you would never know fit wise.

I also swear by my Smartwool socks!!

Thanks for that- kind of what I was wanting to hear- that its a worthy investment!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I've had some hotronics for about 7 or 8 years now, and wouldn't ski without them now. I have poor circulation and and before getting these my feet would go numb and then be agony once the boots were off and started to warm up (usually in a bar!). Still not brilliant after a day skiing, but a vast improvement and can stay out much longer then I could without them (which easily justifies buying them).

Exactly my problem. I nearly cried out load in public the other day in a bar after skiing. It was worse than my labour!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

A warm hat/helmet will help.

A wear a helmet always, occasionally an under the helmet balaclava plus occasionally a face mask. I wear goggles too. Not sure there is any way I could reasonably keep my head warmer.

I have always suffered from cold feet, but its getting worse and we are now living in Calgary where the temperatures are colder than the namby pamby alps!!!!. My hands don't suffer as I wear liners and mittens, which is a combo I swear by, but my toes are just hell. Within 1 1/2 hours they are bad, 2 hrs and I have great pain. it makes it worse if we ski with my son as there is loads of hanging around. Think as well that our swelteringly warm week last Jan in La Plagne , made me sweat and this has done something to loft of boot.

gryphea
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy