Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach / Hinterglemm Recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Currently looking at booking a trip to the above first week in March, been looking through the tourist board website, looking at a few Hotels, done a few searches for reviews, but have came up short ( mainly in Dutch Shocked )

Accomodation i am looking at is:-

1). Hotel Sonnegg ( not youth hostel wink ) located in Vorderglemm

2). Glemmtalerhof Hotel located in Hinterglemm

3). Oberdanner located in Hinterglemm

4). Hotel Sonnalp located in Hinterglemm

5). Ferienhof Unterellmau located in Hinterglemm

If anyone has any views on the above, regarding food, location, quality etc then i would appreciate your comments,

Cheers in advance!

snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vorderglemm is at the beginning of the valley and Hiterglemm is almost at the far end.

My gues is you may suffer starvation with the former and over-intoxicated in the latter, meaning little choice of restaurant in Voderglemm and full of bars and pubs in Hinterglemm.

Skiing wise Voderglemm is better situated because you can ski one of its branches to Leogang which may be too far to cover in one day from Hinterglemm. If you can loop round the famous Voderglemm/Saalbah/Hinterglemm Valley in a day you can do so at any point of the loop and so Hinterglemm is just as good as Voderglemm as the starting point. The shops, restaurants and night life are mainly in Saalbach (middle between Voderglemm and Hinterglemm) and Hinterglemm.

Hinterglemm is one of the most vibrant Apres place I have seen in the Alps.

Perhaps I didn't look hard enough I couldn't recall seeing anything in Voderglemm except it was the first chairlift station to be greeted when coming from outside the valley. I would not be surprised if the hotel is situated quite far from Vorderglemm and use its name because it is the one nearest to it. There are a few hotels at Viehhofen before one reaches Vorderglemm, which according to my piste map, dated about 3 years ago, shows nothingh there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glemmtalerhof, centre of village, very nice hotel, recommended as are Hotel Wolf and Sonnblick.

Any of these are perfect for the lifts, fun park and the Goat Bar, you won't go wrong.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info guys, will take a look at those recommendations.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my reccommendation would be for the Hotel Hinterglemm in Hinterglemm. We had a lovely week there last new years.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
*Bump*

Come on guys! there must be more snowheads that can give me an insight into the above accomodation! snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What ever you do get in quick as that week is SIGB ski test week so not a lot of accomodation left. I'm there that week also but am staying in Zell but I'm driving to triping around is not a problem.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiwi1 wrote:
What ever you do get in quick as that week is SIGB ski test week so not a lot of accomodation left. I'm there that week also but am staying in Zell but I'm driving to triping around is not a problem.

Does this mean it's going to be really busy around the the beginning on March?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wouldn't have thought so as it's not national holidays. The SIGB ski test is where the UK retailers get to test the 09 skis (same gear I'm bringing to the EoSB) so they'll be booking up accomodation.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks kiwi1, i made sure i wasn't going during the school holidays, so the tests are only avaliable to the retailers?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah but If you hunt me down and my skis are not out I'll let you have a play on the 09 range.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sounds good! i'm currently in the look out for some new ski's, going to take a look at your range when i get a min, hoping to get some new ski's before i go away in March, if i dont i would be v. interested! Will there be ski's for sale?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
double post

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 8-01-08 20:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kiwi1, just looked at your range - lets hope there's some *serious* pow about in March for them babies! Shocked Very Happy Nice site, I am on the lookout for a freeride twin tip ( currently looking @ the Dynastar Big Troubles 08 with the jib binding)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Liam, I'm out there wek before you, w/c 23rd Feb. There's 8 of us booked into the hotel sonnegg for the week. I've been told be someone in resort that its just outside hinterglemm and in walking distance of everything there?? I've never came across the place name vorderglemm. I'll have a look

joe
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy