Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

finkenberg

Poster: A snowHead
hi all - anyone here been to finkenberg - specifically am trying to find out how difficult the red resort run back into the village is

cheers

n
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah have been a few years ago - it didnt look too dificult apart from it didnt have any snow on it Laughing would have dont it if it had. went in Feb. if that helps.

Queue for the gondola was pretty bad at weekends because of this Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi mate, I'm going to Finkenberg on saturday so i'll let you know after if its not too late! From what i understand the village is pretty low so it only gets snow when the conditions are exceptional.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers!!

the resort run is closed per the interactive piste map:

http://db.intermaps.com/im/skimaps/mayrhofen/index.swf?lang=en

ski club are saying that there is a reasonable anount of snowo n the low lying slopes though.

if you get to mayrhofen itself be sure to have a few beers in the ice bar - its mental!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the link Nick, I've been looking for a decent map and thats the best one yet! I'll definately check out the ice bar, sounds cold.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The run back into the village isn't a red run - it's a ski route, so although it is marked as red, that's to make it clear that its not a simple run down which beginners can do in a permanent snow plough.

For most of the way, its a forest road, with hairpin bends every so often. In places it drops to what's effectively a path, maybe 4-6 feet wide, and there's one stretch of roadway which is maybe a 30 degree downhill slope with a 30 degree drop-off to the left into trees, which can also get rocky. Remember also that this is a ski route, so there's no catch fences, padding, or anything else to stop you killing yourself on a tree or telegraph pole.

I've done it maybe 5-6 times, and enjoyed it, but at the end of a long day, its a challenge at times unless you're a really good skier. You'll also be passed at high speed by some of the instructors, who thrash down it at the end of their day, and this can be somewhat unsettling if you are already struggling.

At the very bottom, it crosses the main road to Astegg, which although not busy, does feature regular free minibuses travelling at speed, so approach it slowly.

Having said all that, I was there last week, and the bottom half was snow free. It normally becomes skiable around mid-February. The village is at 840m, and the middle station (the top of the route) is at 1750m, so it takes maybe 40cm of snow in the village before it can be used. The SCGB snow reports for the "lower" slopes are for the 12/12a/13/13a runs to the middle station and to the Katzenmoos lift, not for the run into town.

If you do get to the bottom in one piece, have a dunkel in the Finkennest for me...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Illicit, the Ice Bar (originally the Eisbar = polar bear, but the English speakers now seem to have forced a name change...) is not at all cold, due to the large number of sweaty bodies who crowd into it from 3.30 each day. If you want a real ice bar, go to the top of the Ahorn, where they've built one for the season in what seems to be a cold version of Hobbiton, with carvings inside and great lighting - very impressive. God knows why, but they don't do hot chocolate - just tea, coffee, beer, spirits and gluhwein. The skiing there is somewhat limited, but the run into town was one of the highlights of our week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cheers ousekjarr - thats a great description - would you say an intermediate can ski ti ok?

have you skied the route back to the horbergbahn?

illicit - the run down into mayr from the ahorn is awesome - 5.5 km (before they extended it to the new gondola base!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Ahorn sounds great, might have to spend an arvo up there and catch the bus back to finkenberg. Does that side of the valley get more snow? I noticed the run down is open but the finkenberg and mayr ones aren't.
Thanks for all the tips!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nick0861, yes, a confident intermediate can ski it without too many problems, although that was me the first time I tried it, and I nearly had to change my underwear halfway down. I've never tried the Horberg run, as we've always stayed in Finkenberg, but it is probably very similar.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Illicit, the Ahorn run has snowmaking to the bottom, and is a marked and managed piste. The snowmaking is "interesting" - last week, they were piling it up in huge mounds and in some awkard places, presumably so they could spread it our overnight, but it made for some challenging corners... The snow cover on that side of the valley is very similar to the cover on the Penken side, but the Ahorn run to the bottom ends at maybe 700m asl, so the snowmaking is absolutely essential.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Illicit,

one of the snow reports i had read was basically saying that the ahorn run is only open because of the artificial snow

im not going until the first week of march and its already the only thing i can think about! Very Happy

ousekjarr,

i may give it a go then although some of the others in our party wont - i am a reasonable intermediate i would say - ski mainly red and the odd black
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Remember to have a beer and lunch in the Schneekarhutte

http://www.chillertalerlocal.com/schneekar/

You can stay up here if you like sharing a dorm with 15 of your mates. We did 2 nights a couple of years ago, got a lift up in a pistie beastie as we were late. You can drink a lot of beer when you are marrooned up a mountain. Champagne breakfast helped though. A great experience, but I would want to spend more than a couple of nights.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Think I am there on Saturday too. It doesn't sound like one can ski down to the bottom of Finkenberg if there is no snow.

How's the link between Finkenberg with Eggalm?

The Zillertal map suggests the piste is linked from Peken to bottom of a valley, then up the 150er-Tux cable car, ski to Rastkogel,

then either take the ski route from bottom of Heidis Skistadl chairlift to join Eggalm,

or take the Raskogelbahn cable car down and "walk" to Eggalmbahn? Look like a long trek to me. Is this the deal?

Only stay in Summerer B&B Mayrhofen for 6 day and thinking of

2 days Peken/Raskogel/Eggalm
1 day to Hintertux Glacier
2 days in Zillertal Arena (zell/Gerlo/Konigsleiten/Krimml)
1 day in Hochzillertal

Ahorn worth a visit?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
saikee,

There is more than enough on Penken to keep anyone busy for maybe 10 days, unless you get terminally bored if you do a run twice. Having said that, if you are staying in Mayrhofen it is definitely worth spending a morning on the Ahorn to avoid the 35-45 minute peak time queues on the main Penken lift from the centre of town, and getting there early on the other days - it gets bad from about 0850, and doesn't clear until maybe 1000. Alternatively, take the free bus to Finkenberg or to the Horbergbahn instead, as there the queues are 5 minutes max.

From Heidi's it is possible to ski down to the bottom of the Rastkogelbahn, as we saw people doing that last week while we were doing it in the other direction. You can take the 6SB Eggalm Nord chair up from that route, rather than going all the way to the bottom and then trying to get across to Eggalm on foot or by bus. Its probably only about 1km, but I'd avoid it.

The Hintertux glacier is not somewhere I'd choose to go again unless the snow cover was atrocious elsewhere - virtually featureless, T-bars, exposed, and very cold, i.e. just like every other glacier I've ever been on. You might want to go there for fresh powder or off-piste, but even then I think there are better places most of the time. There are a couple of spectacular views on a clear day, but you won't want to hang around to enjoy them in a -30 wind chill.

We've been to Finkenberg 3 times now, and even so we still spent 6 of our 8 days of skiing on the main Penken/Horberg/Rastkogel area, with half a day on the Ahorn and half a day on Eggalm (the 6SB Eggalm Nord was closed due to high winds, so we cut it short), because it is by far the best area with the most runs and variety. I've never gone as far afield as Zell am Ziller/Gerlos/etc, as the time out of the day to get there and back didn't seem worth it, and neither have I been to the Hochzillertal area, for the same reason. If you like to ski a new area every day, then fine, but don't think you need to do so to avoid boredom. There are several great runs on the main area, including Red 7 from the top of Schneekar back to the valley (and Black 15 running straight down between the same start and end points), the Red 1/6/11 runs into the main lift area (although these get dangerously busy from about Wednesday onwards as the ski schools progress onto them), Red 15 from the top of the Nordhangbahn back into the valley, Red 16 from the top of the Tux cable car along the ridge and back into the valley, and Red 12 from the Finkenberg top station down to the bottom of the Katzenmoos lift. To do them justice, that's 2 days alone, plus there are a large number of other runs worth doing.
ski holidays
ousekjarr,

Great tips.

I am going there with a 4x4 and want to see as much of the Zilletal valley as possible. That is why the planning to cover all the major areas. It gives us a better idea to plan the future trips back to Zillertal. Get the general impression first and come back for the particular parts.

The B&B we are staying appears to be within walking distance to the Penkenbahn and I was agonising whether we should leave the 4x4 behind. My experience is same as you and I normally choose a quiet chairlift station to avoid the crowd. I will definitely avoid Penkenbahn now.

I share your feeling about the glacier skiing and it is true because I seldom find a decent glacier to ski too. Many a time the strong wind blows away the fresh snow and it is strange but true that at the top of a glacier there can be more rock hard ice than power snow.

The Zillertal Arena looks very long and deep so I was thinking access from the Zell end on one day and then drive to the Krimml to ski the opposite end on a different day.

This is an exploration trip for us. There is no way we could enjoy the whole valley of 560km piste in a week.
ski holidays
saikee Which B&B are you staying at in Finkenberg. We're staying at the Harpfner from saturday for a week. Suppose to be within walking distance to the gondala.
latest report
anyone else here skied the route to hippach from penken under the horbergbahn?

also - is it worth getting in zell am ziller and if so how easy is it to get there from mayr?
ski holidays
Illicit, the Harpfner is within walking distance, but only if you enjoy a 20 minute walk in ski boots - its in the middle of Dornau, which is a satellite village reached by a road from Persal, so you'll almost certainly want to investigate the free ski buses which run around the village, and which stop at the end of your road. They run about every 15 minutes to each of the outlying areas, and down into the village centre, and most are 15-20 seat minibuses. They're all run by Eberharter, and are either cream coloured or a kind of grey colour.

One useful piece of info for anyone staying in Finkenberg for the week is that you can leave your skis and boots at the top of the gondola in the Ski School building if you hired them from them, and their main hire shop is below the Cafe Sennhuttn, which is across the road from the lift station. I'd strongly recommend them - ask for Michael on +43 664 383 4205 or e-mail skischule.finkenberg@aon.at - as apart from offering excellent service and good kit, they take payment only on return, don't require a deposit (or even any ID?!?!), and they're very helpful and friendly.
ski holidays
saikee,

Everything in the area is fab. Do a day on the Hintertux glacier, but do it on the warmest sunniest day, as it can get very cold up top. The Hohenhaus Tenne bar at the very bottom is well worth a drink or two on your way back in late afternoon.

The Penken/Rastkogel/Eggalm region is beautiful and has lots of great mountain huts. The skiing is surprisingly varied too. Ahorn is limited, but the long run down is good - and now they have the cablecar then it is actually very easy to get to, from the bottom of the Penkenbahn to the bottom of the Ahornbahn is less than 5 min walk.

The Zillertal Arena is also a great away mission. It is only 15mins in a cab to get to Zell am Ziller (from Mayrhofen), so it doesn't take any of the day up travelling really. I did it from the Zell end and pretty much went right through to Krimml and back in a day, having a nice lunch in a very cosy hut, which appeared to be accessible only from a longish black run, number 6, near the Krummbach Express chair - this meant it didn't become ridiculously crowded.

I have to say the Ziller valley (I've done Mayrhofen 3 times in winter and once in summer and Lanersbach once in spring) is one of my favourite places on earth to be !!

Hope you love it too.
latest report
Illicit,

In my early post I mentioned staying in Summerer B&B (or pension). It is in Zillerlande 497 of Mayrhofen. The Internet shows Harpfner pension at Dornau 346. Autoroute program shows the distance 2.4 miles apart. You are in Finkenberg and close to the FinkenbergAlmbahn cable car whereas I stay in Mayehofen and close to the Penkenbahn cable car. Effective we are one cable car station apart. Summerer's tel no. is +45 5285 64248 and Harpfner is +45 5285 62094, according to the Internet.

My stay in Mayrhofen is between 12-18 Jan. Our normal routine is to decide on where to go after the breakfast of the day and pick a quiet station to go up any of the resorts. This is our first ski day of the season and there is a serious Karakiri black (steepest groomed piste in the Alps) so we were thinking of easier resorts first to warm up in the first few days. In that aspect Zillertal Arena, mostly red and blue, seems appropriate to start the first day. However we think Penken/Finkenberg/EggAlm is big enough for us to find easy runs to warm up the first day. Our experience is during the weekdays everywhere is OK but for weekends there should be a lot of day trips from the nearby cities and so it pays to pick a less accessible resort to avoid the crowd. Our arrival at Mayrhofen is late in night on 12 and will start skiing on Sunday 13 Jan.

If you are interested in a hook up let me know as we could go anywhere. There are only the wife and I (just 2) and we are in a 7-seater 4x4. We intend to remove the third row to increase storage space and put skies inside all the time but we have lockable ski racks and carried skis on the roof to suit 6 skiers travelling together before. With own car we tend to go to places with better snow and less people but I suppose mid/late January should not be a problem in Austria.

We are easy going so you can tag along all the time, part time or just pick a few odd days to meet up on piste or off pist. We have already penciled in the places to spend the 6 days but not fixed the order. I shall bring the roof bars and ski clamps just in case. On piste we are not good skiers (self taught) and ski slowly but we can travel around and like to see the full resort instead of sticking to a few runs in an exploration trip.
snow conditions
Quote:

One useful piece of info for anyone staying in Finkenberg for the week is that you can leave your skis and boots at the top of the gondola in the Ski School building if you hired them from them, and their main hire shop is below the Cafe Sennhuttn, which is across the road from the lift station. I'd strongly recommend them - ask for Michael on +43 664 383 4205 or e-mail skischule.finkenberg@aon.at - as apart from offering excellent service and good kit, they take payment only on return, don't require a deposit (or even any ID?!?!), and they're very helpful and friendly.

ousekjarr does this apply / is this a good idea if you have your own skis/boots or is it better to return to the hotel with them? we're staying at the Kristall in Finkenberg from the 19th, thanks.
ski holidays
freezywater, no, its only for the ski school and customers who hired from them, officially. Unofficially, there are so many sets of skis in there that they'd be unlikely to notice another set. Alternatively, there are lockable racks under the alm behind the school, but they're not that obvious. Its a good idea if you are certain you'll be using the Finkenberg lift again the next day, as it saves you carrying them around - in our case, we regularly walked rather than getting the bus because the timings were wrong, and carrying skis is not so easy on icy paths on a 20 degree slope. Keep your boots on - when everyone else is dancing on the tables in their boots, its painful to be wearing trainers or walking boots wink

On the other hand, the Hotel Kristal is about 50 yards from the lift, downhill, so if you walk out of the gondola station, down the stairs, around the ice rink/tennis court, and then strap your skis back on, you can ski to the door unless there has been a big thaw. In the morning, it would be a 5 minute walk uphill back to the lift.
ski holidays
many thanks, I'm sure we'll find our way, fingers crossed the weather looks likely to be ok with snow forecast this weekend and next week.
snow conditions
saikee Thanks for the offer mate but we'll probably just stay in the finkenberg area, sounds like there's enough to see for a week for my girlfriend. besides, you don't want a couple of skanky snowboarders in the back of you 4x4! Laughing
latest report
saikee - surely the ahorn is the best bet for a warm up!
snow report
nick0861,

Does look that way. I missed a few posts. There seems to be a few special features about Ahorn. It is pretty close to my accommodation.
ski holidays
i have skied it two years ago - they have built a new gondola up (biggest in austria)

when i was there it was ridiculously quiet - lots of wide blue pistes to get your ski legs back - it will be a lot busier now though as i think they have moved the ski schools up there - that said it still has the fabulous run back into mayerhofen - about 5.5k
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last week it was still deserted, except for the blue runs on top. One or two ski schools are now using it as their nursery area, but there are still plenty on Penken, despite the sparsity of easy blues there.
ski holidays
excellent - the quieter the better!
snow report
bump

anyone else here skied the route to hippach from penken under the horbergbahn?

also - is it worth getting in zell am ziller and if so how easy is it to get there from mayr?
snow conditions
Zell am Ziller village to Mayrhofen village is a simple train ride, or possibly bus ride, or worst case a taxi ride if you've stopped at the Ice Bar for a drink or three at the end of the day. From both stations to their respective lifts is a free 5min bus ride. Not sure about buses between the two. Zell am Ziller lifts has shed-loads of parking right outside.
Fugen (I think) looked like it had a run to resort (or at least one village at the Jenbach end of the valley did).
ski holidays
finkenbergenbump

surely someone here has skied the resort run under the hobergbahn??
snow report
nick0861, It wasn't open last week when I was there.

It was the only run in the area shown as closed on the boards.

But then there was ZERO snow at valley level, and the only "resort runs" open in the valley were those with snowmaking - Kaltenbach and (I think) Ahorn.

I probably wouldn't have tried it anyhow, as I only spent one day in the Mayrhofen area (I was staying in Zell), and I tore a muscle in my calf quite early on that day. I'm still suffering now from the fact I chose to ski with the damaged muscle for most of the rest of the week.
snow conditions
andy wrote:
Zell am Ziller village to Mayrhofen village is a simple train ride, or possibly bus ride, or worst case a taxi ride if you've stopped at the Ice Bar for a drink or three at the end of the day. From both stations to their respective lifts is a free 5min bus ride. Not sure about buses between the two. Zell am Ziller lifts has shed-loads of parking right outside.
Fugen (I think) looked like it had a run to resort (or at least one village at the Jenbach end of the valley did).

IMO the easiest way to ski the Mayrhofen area from Zell is train to Hippach (6 minutes), then bus up to the Horbergbahn gondola (about another 6-8 minutes, and there is a bus timed to meet each train). No queues at Horbergbahn when I did it, so much quicker to get in to the system than going up to Mayrhofen and using the Penkenbahn.

To do it the other way, (i.e. to ski Zell from Mayrhofen) I would take the train down to Zell then bus to the gondola. Total about 20-25 minutes.

The resort run visible from the train/bus is Kaltenbach, which has snowmaking to keep that run open. That is also the only resort in the valley where the base lift is within sensible walking distance from the train station (about 400m). All the others you need a bus from the train station to the gondola (although all trains/buses are free with lift pass).
snow report
alex what was the snow like

(nice to speak to a fellow welshman on here by the way)

what kind of state was the ahorn run in? im guessing pretty sluchy at the bottom with the artificial snow

hope your calf gets better soon!
latest report
nick0861, The snow was generally excellent on-piste. It looked a little tracked out off-piste, but I wasn't playing in that anyhow with little experience and wanting to protect my leg as much as possible.

I didn't get over to Ahorn at all, so I canb't comment on that run, but one run (run 6) in Zell was getting just a little heavy towards the end of the day on my last day. But that run had been exposed to the sun ALL day, and was close to the lowest part of the skiing, and it was the only time all week I found anything but lovely powdery snow on piste.

The people who came down the home run at Kaltenbach (which is a similar leval at the bottom to Ahorn) reckoned it was fairly icy towards the bottom. I chickened out and took the gondola back down, being my first day back on skis after hurting my leg.

The leg is improving now, but my wife (who doesn't ski) still thinks I was stupid to ski on it again while it was injured.
latest report
cool

im not going until first march but my broether goes there a week earlier Very Happy - should be a nice base by then
snow conditions
We're staying in Lannersbach in march, does anyone have any tips for there? We're supposed to be about 5 mins walk from the gondola there, does it get very busy? How easy is it to ski into the other areas and back? What is the Eggalm area like?
Thanks
snow conditions
from ski snowboard europe:

Quote:

Five main ski regions are connected to Mayrhofen—Penken, Finkenberg, Horberg/Gerent, Rastkogel and Eggalm. They tend to keep their snow longer than most Austrian resorts because of their altitude (about 5,900 to 8,200 feet). However little of the skiable snow reaches down to the town of Mayrhofen lying at an altitude of only 2,067 feet above sea level. This is a resort where the ski runs are high above the town and skiers normally come back to town by the gondolas or by bus from one of the outlying higher-altitude villages.

Of the villages in Tuxertal, Lanersbach is the largest and provides some village atmosphere. If you blink, you will miss Juns and Madseit. Hintertux is far up in the Tux-ertal Valley at the base of one of the best glaciers for summer ski-ing. It makes no pretense of being anything but a glacier ski resort. If it had sidewalks, they would be rolled up when the lifts close. However there are good restaurants and some good bars at the base of the lifts and in the nearby town.

Mountain Layout — Skiing
Here is a larger, more detailed map.

This area has some of the most modern lifts in Austria. Considering that many feel Austria is the last bastion of T-bars, virtually all of Mayrhofen can be skied using only chairlifts, gondolas and the cable car. These lifts and the entire new mountain faces that they open change everything. The story is only beginning to be written about where the best spots to ski will be. Much of the new terrain is unexplored except by backcountry skiers.

The Ahorn sector has been relegated to beginners and lower intermediates though there can be some good skiing there. From the town Austria's largest tram carries up to 160 skiers at a time to the summit. Plus, from Ahorn, skiers can drop right back into town because of good snowmaking on the lower sections. However the ski-lift company has concentrated its efforts on new lifts in the higher areas across the valley. You might call Ahorn T-bar city. There is nothing wrong with that, but some folks want chairlifts.

From Mayrhofen, you will access the main ski area by either the Penkenbahn or the Horbergbahn. Both are high-speed gondolas. Both are connected with all hotels in the town by a shuttlebus plying the route every 15 minutes during the winter.

Once at the top of the Penken those interested in the childrens’ center and beginner lesson only have to step off the lift. Those looking for more challenge should head over to the Penken Express, a six-seater high-speed lift. At the top of the Penken Express, a snowfield of intermediate and advanced intermediate terrain opens to skiing. Beginners can swing to their left to avoid the steeper sections dropping back to the top station of the gondola. From the top of the Penken Express, skiers can head toward Gerent by dropping down to the top of the Horbergbahn where lifts rise to serve the wide-open, off-piste, powder-filled terrain of the Gerent.

Further up the Horberg Hallow a group of lifts all meet. From here a 150-person cable car serves more wide-open skiing from an altitude of about 7,217 feet. This is expert delight country and wide open enough for intermediates to push themselves and still be able to get out of trouble.

From the top of the cable car, skiers can drop into the Tuxertal to the Rastkogel and Eggalm areas. They return to the ridge by taking the Rastkogelbahn and then another six-person high-speed chair lift. Then ski into the Hofberg/Gerent area to return to Mayrhofen. Or take the bus back down to Mayrhofen.

Hintertux and the Tuxertal
Tuxertal is made up of the Rastkogel and Eggalm areas. Both are excellent beginner and intermediate areas with plenty of off-piste for experts. Both of these areas now connect with the main Mayrhofen ski areas.

The Hintertuxer glacier opens at the end of the valley rising from 4,921 feet to top out at 10,564 feet—that’s an amazing 5,443 feet of vertical. This is one of the top training areas for ski and snowboard teams from all over the world. From the ground station you can see most of the nearly 50 miles of trails above. The lift system is superb and the small mountain huts on the runs are great fun.

The best run is the trail from the Grosser Kaserer (10,700 feet) down over a great steep field of bumps to the gondola. A nice intermediate run leads from the top of the Gefrorene Wand to the Spannagel house, a cozy Alpine hut serving excellent food.

Mountain rating
This is a region that has something for everyone. Experts will delight in the Horberg/Gerent area. They have an enormous area to explore and enjoy.

Intermediates have Eggalm and Raskogel in the Tuxertal that are a blast and the Penken is a phenomenal intermediate area with super fast lifts. Intermediates can also head over to the Horberg/Gerent area where the slopes are wide open and they have plenty of room to test themselves but can get out of trouble.

Beginners have the benefit of one of the best ski schools in Austria. They have excellent learning areas at the top of the Penkenbahn and at the Penkenjoch, the top of the Finkenberger Almbahn

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy