Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel hotels/chalets the good and bad

Poster: A snowHead
Hey people, sorry I’m looking for information rather than being able to provide it at the moment, I promise to fill you in upon my return...
So are they any review or comments good or bad about the hotels of the Village and surrounding areas?
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed in the Best Western Premier Kaiserhof last March (07) and it was absolutely brilliant. A bit pricey and it was my Honeymoon but made for a relaxing and luxurious stay.

Depends on location you want also. Kaiserhof is next to the main lift and in good conditions would be ski in. It wasn't when we were there but alot of the Hotels are down the hill and in the town.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Keep one Golden Rule in mind.

Make sure your hotel is smackbang right next to a major skilift. Within less than 250 meters.

Do NOT rely on the Kitzbuehel skibuses. They are infrequent and unreliable. They suck. You will spend too much time waiting for, or sitting on, a bus. It will waste your vacation.

Good luck.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with Whitegold, it's a pretty big place and traffic can be horrendous, so make sure you're walking distance from the lifts.

We stayed at the Edelweiss hotel for Christmas last year, just out of the centre of town, but a two minute walk (along the train platform) to the Hahnenkamm lifts.

Very cosy and homely, more family focussed than young groups etc. but really lovely place, owners are great, very comfortable, good value.

Not millions of stars so no swimming pool etc. is more of the small family run kind of place, but food was excellent, big breakfast buffet including eggs & bacon etc. four courses at evening meal with salad buffet. Also weekly wine tasting was a highlight!

The room we had was big and very well appointed.

D
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have stayed at the Pension Johanna for the past three years and am staying there again this february. It is in a great situaion, just behind the InterSport shop, and has a bus stop right at the end of the drive. I agree that buses are not as good as you would expect at such a popular resort but this bus stop must be one of the first because the bus is usually quiet as it pulls up.
The place is very basic, but always clean, friendly and comfortable after a long day (and night!).

Here is the link:
http://www.kitzbuehel-johanna.com/English/english.htm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want a very comfortable and friendly pension, try Hotel Villa Licht. It's relatively pricey, but worth it if that's what you want. Excellent brekkie, small bar. 5 min brisk walk from the Hahnenkahmbahn.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have stayed in two different places so far, one of which is now apparently ski instructor accommodation, so I won't comment on that. The one that still is a hotel is the Chalet Hotel Hofer. This is a Crystal Club Hotel. I stayed there in January last year and found it very friendly and adequate for what I wanted. It is fairly good value and the staff are all Crystal Staff so you see a fair bit of the reps etc. I would stay there again but they were a bit expensive for the week I wanted this year. Last year I paid about £400 for the week 20-27 Jan.

This year I am going to be staying at the Chalet Florianhof (or Florianihof as it is spelt in some places). This I booked through Panorama. I found a few reviews from previous guests and they all sounded quite good. It's quite cheap and basic but sounds just what I want as I'm going to ski and am not bothered about luxurious extras. I have paid £430 half board for 1-8 March.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dougie wrote:
I have stayed at the Pension Johanna for the past three years and am staying there again this february. .... The place is very basic, but always clean, friendly and comfortable after a long day (and night!).

Dougie, what are the breakfasts like, does the place have a bar, if not how far is the nearest one ? Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've stayed at the Edelweiss as well and agree with everything Deliaskis says. Owned by a couple called Klaus and Veronica. Klaus speaks superb English and gave me a great insight to the Hahnenkahm race. The place also has a bar but it shuts at 11:00 PM.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Corky wrote:
I've stayed at the Edelweiss as well and agree with everything Deliaskis says. Owned by a couple called Klaus and Veronica. Klaus speaks superb English and gave me a great insight to the Hahnenkahm race. The place also has a bar but it shuts at 11:00 PM.

Yip, we were at Edelweiss in January - a group of 8 guys. We really struggled to fault it in any way. Would definately return, and recommend it highly.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I stayed at Chalet Karlberger last March booked through Crystal. It's a basic but comfortable chalet and is in a great location, very short walk uphill from Hahnenkamm bubble lift and with snow at resort level (which I didn't have) you could ski back to a few yards from the door. The food and chalet hosts were great but the chalet was rather noisy. It's one of those places that accepts kids all season long. But for budget catered accommodation in Kitzbühel it does the job admirably...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How bad of me, i never did come back and say where i stayed...sorry all Embarassed
So Myself and my party stayed in the Pension Schimidinger, or "shmidi" as i kept getting told... It was clean, and our room done up nicely with a large balcony to ourselves and new looking decor and very nice ensuite shower, the food was B&B and the normal staple stuff, staff were great. it's a bit of a walk form the main cable car's about 10 minutes in ski boots uphill in the morning, but it's close to the spar and the lower end of town and down a bit from the Irish pub (sorry it was a year ago now, Flannagans i think? we didn't venture there) We actually had another couple change pension to join us there after the first day because theirs wasn't as nice, their room was on the ground floor and the decor was a little older but still perfectly fine for a budget stay. Website is www.schmidinger.cc - I kept a business card because i was that impressed! they also have a very large car pack so if you're planning to drive i'd say it's pretty much perfect for the low cost bunch. (I can't remember the other pension our friends were in before they joined us but it was next to a cowshed and in the winter the cows stay indoors, the smell was awful and the state of their rooms a complete mess, hence changing and paying again to stay with us)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If this is turning into a Kitzbuhel Hotel recommendation thread, which it was all along, I suppose, I'll add to my previuos mention of the Villa Licht at the upmarket end of pensions the Pension Hinterseer, a little lower down. It's situated toward the edge of town, almost directly under the Hahnenkamm gondola route; the gondola station and the railway station are about 5 mins max away, downhill (uphill in the evening, obviously). In other than bad conditions, you can ski to and from about 30 yards away. Comfortable but not luxurious rooms, excellent brekkie, friendly owners and dog. The owner is an ex national team racer, son of another famous national racer and brother of another famous national racer turned grotesque Austrian pop singer and local idol. As well as regular bedrooms there's a very comfortable 2 bed apartment.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond wrote:
another famous national racer turned grotesque Austrian pop singer and local idol

I doubt that Hansi Hinterseer's many fans would see it quite that way Laughing And he can still ski pretty well, as I sometimes see on television!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I too have stayed at Villa Licht and would recommend it for a relaxing, quality B&B. Run by some very nice people.

Just use the ski lockers in the goldola station.
ski holidays
espri, no, they wouldn't, he seems to attract almost messianic adoration. Apparently he makes a fortune from the Tyrol Toursit Board or some similar organisation for continuing to associate himself with the area. His 'music' has to be heard to be believed; it is utterly hideous in every respect, as you no doubt know to your cost.

The good news is I may be able to fit in a sneaky weekend in Kitzbuhel at the end of this month.
snow conditions
topcat, would agree, the Hofer is fine. It's not very near the lifts, but we walked to the Hahnenkamm lift some mornings to meet the ski club rep, no problem with a 9 yr old. You can catch the ski bus from just outside to the bottom of (I forget the name) the other big lift up to the main ski area. The Horn is walkable, my 11yr old chose to walk back to the Hofer from the hospital next to the Horn gondola rather than bus or taxi when he broke his collar bone, so quite close. It's right next to the bus stop for Brixen and also it's only 50m from the lift into the old town. We always walked back at night, a pleasant walk through the old town then down the lift.

The 'hotel' is a british run super chalet, adequate, but noisy one week of the two weeks we were there.
ski holidays
richmond wrote:
His 'music' has to be heard to be believed; it is utterly hideous in every respect

I wouldn't rate it that bad, actually. I quite enjoy his shows, at least the winter ones, for they tend to show a lot of snow and a little skiing. And the music (from a variety of artists) is mostly melodious enough, though perhaps all much of a muchness.
ski holidays
espri, how long have you been in Bavaria? Still to each his own, dull old world if we were all the same, blah, blah.
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing Laughing Too long, I suppose Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy