Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where is good in a motorhome?

Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions for good places to go in a motorhome? I went to Brixen Im Thale 2 years afo and Solden last year. Both of those were good....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we always go to livigno italy.....great campsite there i did the write up on the site below which may help you out
http://web.mac.com/kevbatchelor/Ski_Motorhome/Welcome.html
hannah
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Hannah, I did go there many years back. Nice resort but I remember mainly drag lifts and a 5 hour transfer. Is it easy to get there down through Switzerland? (The other thing with Switzerland is their rip off tax)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stopped here http://www.campinglepontet.fr/ in the summer (in a tent). Open all year round. 200 m from lifts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A friend of mine loves les contamines
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where is good in a motorhome? Bondi!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A hotel Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
in switzerland The normal square stick on ticket costs about 40 euros for a year but if your vehicle is over 3.5 tonnes you cannot get this "vignette" - instead it is either 25 euros for one day or 32.50 for a form that allows you 10 days driving in Switzerland in one year - bargain!!! cheaper that the normal vignette
we go through Klosters. The road heads towards Davos and St. Moritz but we take the Vereina tunnel from Klosters to Schuz - the tunnel is a train tunnel similar to the channel tunnel only much smaller - you have to drive the length of the train with only a couple of inches clearance either side. The train through the tunnel takes 20 minutes and costs 70 swiss francs but saves 4 hours of mountain driving when you are heading for Livigno so it is well worth it. From the exit of the tunnel you head toward Zernez and then begin the climb up to the border with Italy - We made it to the border crossing and passed through the Munt La Schera road tunnel into Italy. it is pretty easy and the drive that way is much nicer and quicker than going via bergamo. i can give you some more info on the full route if you decide to go
hannah
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Hannah,

We went to Croatia last year and went through Switzerland on the way down. I'm sure they charged us for 2 weeks just for one day!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Large site between Corvara and Colfosco in the Dolomites. Nice to wake up to that scenery.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roy Hockley, you got there before me!

Here's the website:http://campingcolfosco.org/start.php?page=home&lang=EN&preloading=close

Never stayed, but very convenient for lifts, one of the Sella Ronda chairlifts goes over part of it. Very pretty setting. Open year round, looks like it has paved areas to prevent mud in winter.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MickKnipfler, Montgenevre/Claviere seem to have a good site, passed it on out way to Turin last weekend. Good facilities, and a free bus to the lifts.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I heard the Aire at Montgenevre was good. I think the number of hookups are limited though. Is that where you meant?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.motorhomefacts.com/forum-printtopic-1-23284-0-0-asc-viewresult-1.html . I came across this report, 80 hook-ups.
latest report
Roy Hockley, luigi, well beaten to it. I have stayed there albeit in summer in a tent it's not a bad site and seemed fairly busy (considering the time of year) last March.
snow report
Thanks for that. I used to belong to motorhomefacts but didn't want to pay
snow report
MickKnipfler, I didn't pay either I just googled it
ski holidays
nice one...
snow conditions
I've seen a trailer park at la daille (appallingly spelt) in Val d'sere. Can't say whether its any good ad that was 4 years ago
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy