Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Red runs Niederau.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, (snowheads virgin)

We are going to Niederau end of January. This will be our second week skiing - went to Andorra last year and did OK.

Runs at top and bottom are described as ideal for beginners/second timers - but what chance of of us managing to ski from the top back to the

village by the end of the week. How steep is it, and which is easiest route to try?

any advice appreciated - thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
parallel lines, Welcome to snowHead
Sorry, but never been to Niederau. Im sure that someone who has will be along soon Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My first post, Yippee............... Been to Niederau lots of times. The main red under the Gondola is pretty steep and this is what will get you down to the village apart from the black. Its a lovely run and only hairy at the top. I did it as a beginner first year and pretty much scared the hell out of me, my husband and kids did it first year and took it easy and loved it. You will find it fine just go your own pace and have a breather. Enjoy! Razz
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zobo, welcome to snowHead too Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zobo. Michelle,

many thanks for you info.............my wife and daughter are now champing at the bit to go.

Although your letter is reassuring the words ' steep' 'hairy' and 'scared' sound very familiar to me when I have skis on.

Could be a ride back down on the Gondola; still looking forward to the 26th though.

regards
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Parallel Lines,

Where are you staying? Can give you some extra info if you would like, we are hoping to return around the 2nd Feb,

You will love Niederau, its a peach of a place
x Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parallel lines,

Where are you staying and when. Chucky and me are there from the 26th Jan. Staying at the Hotel Vicky.

I have been giving Chucky lessons in France over the Christmas period but I have given up. I think she is too deeply programmed into ignoring me after all these years to start and listen now so I am booking her into ski school. Laughing

All the reds are quite easy and you have picked a good resort for your second time.

There are three ways back to resort from the top. Two are reds and the other is a black although the black in good conditions is very much only a steep red.

Snow conditions at the moment are fantastic.

I have just seen a further post from you and it looks like you are there during the same week.

It would be good to meet with a fellow snowhead. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Zobo,

as you may have gathered our family is fairly new to this game and your offer of info is very welcome.

I spent days studying various resorts and there suitability for us 2nd timers. Finally went for Niederau - just liked the sound of it !!

We have booked for a week 26th jan to 2nd Feb, we fly from Doncaster !, to Salzburg, we are staying half board in a Hotel called "The Vicky" ??

We got free skis boots sticks pack with hotel booking and have booked lift passes and ski school.

Don't know much more.

If you know of the Vicky - please give me as much info as poss. - How far from lifts ?, Where to store Skis ? What is Hotel like ? (please be honest-might as well know) .

Also anything at all you recommend like trips, Oberau ? Aufbach ? bars , Restaurants, nightlife ?.

many thanks in advance - pity you are going week after - we could have met up and you could have told me about all of the finer points of skiing over a beer or three.

regards Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parallel lines,

We're also on the Doncaster flight

Last year there were trips organised to the Zillertal Valley on a Tuesday and Thursday. A must not miss trip if they are being offered again.

Hopfgarten which is only 8 kilometers away is part of the Soll Ski Welt Circuit and we are looking at getting a taxi to ski here for 1 day.

Oberau is not worth it. Only a couple of runs although the village is very pretty. Aufbach is better and higher offering much more challenging terrain although again not too difficult.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello Super Eagle,

thanks for your information - it is much appreciated.

It is encouraging that you are making repeat visits to Niederau - it must be good.

Looking forward to meeting 'Chucky' at ski - school.

Have you been to the Vicky before ?

Probably meet you at Doncaster Airport - just look for the harassed forty+ parents with a wild red haired six year old. ( appropriately "Wild Shona").

looking forward to it

regards Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parallel lines,

Stayed In the Vicky Last year. It's modest and Tidy. Good Location and food is good. We have no kids but also 40+. I have a God Daughter who is also six who as just come back from her first ski trip so I know how you feel.

We will obviously see you at some point on the trip but if you see someone with their bags covered in Snowheads Stickers at the airport then that is likely to be us.

look foward to having a chat.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
parallel lines, We had our first ski scool in Niederau 3 years ago.The runs in Austria are far steeper than Andorra,but you will enjoy them much more.We were on Red 19(main valley run)on our second day in ski school which for our first time was interesting.Third day a black run and the fourth day black 15/16 which is a 2001 world cup run.

We stayed in Hotel Vickey which was basic but the food was excellent,a short walk from the ski school/gondola in the morning to wake you up.Plenty of good apres in bobo's which is right at the bottom of the nursery slope and there is the dorfstuben and the cave bar for late nights if you want to give them a try.

We are now going to the skiwelt and westendorf which are 20mins drive away (2nd - 9th feb).

I think everybody loves Niederau. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Parallel lines,

I can only reiterate what the other fellow snowheads above have said. Most of the property in Niederau is a stones throw from the slopes, its small, friendly and you soon get to know a lot of folks there for your week. There are 2 main ski schools (Red and Blue) with the Red having the slight advantage............ award winning super instructors!
Most of the hotels have ski storage and there is also ski storage at the foot of the slopes in the ski hire shop, about £12 a week for ski's and boots each.
The Vicky is just accross a small field and there you are on the main road, slopes opposite you, field is fun when snow is deep, can easy lose a small red haired child and wife too probably!
Auffach, free bus ride for 10 mins is a definate and lift pass covers this area too. Its got more lengthy runs, you must give it a go towards the end of your week.
Ski show by the red ski school on Sunday night is good, with a cup of gluwein and a week of skiing ahead what more can u ask for!!!
Ski awards ceremony on Thursday night, all invited is good fun, at hotel up the road, ski instructors in leather shorts, not a pretty sight!!
The cave bar is a disco, meeting place at night, only small but amazingly busy last year, again stone throw from Vicky, kids very welcome until 12 ish!
The Ferrari pizza restaurant in the village(next door to Spar) small, go early, has some of the best pizzas around, if you want a night off from Vicky.
Bobos at the foot of the nursery slope is lively at the end of the day and their taste in europop is not to be missed,

I am sure you will be returning, hoping to get away as i said, the week after for a cheap week, Son is skiing with school as well this year, so lots of pennies needed all round,

Have fun x
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy