Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toddlers on lifts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm with Stevepick on this one, relax. (Although ever since our 3 year old has been riding chair lifts I'm not, but only in relation to the falling out bit, not the evil molesting adult bit).

I'm reminded of a bit of "research" that was done a couple of years ago. People in Gemrmany and Britain were shown a photo of aman in his late thirties/early forties wearing shorts and with a group of young boys whom he had his arms round the shoulders of some.

Folds were asked what their impressions of this man were. Germans universally thought family man, good with kids, helping out at school football practice. The Brits were mostly EVIL PERVERT. There is something wrong with this country. Probably the existence of the Sun amd the Mail.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ghost Dog wrote:

in relation to the falling out bit

Actually that's the bit I AM worried about. I certainly never mentioned anything about molesting. Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
dibblette, Courchevel 1850 has some great gondolas that have easy ski routes back down. The first stage of Verdons, and the Jardin Alpin both have lovely green runs back to 1850.

For all of the issues of image/ russians etc/cost its a fantastic place for a person to learn to ski be they young child or nervous beginner. There are 3 gondolas from 1 departure point the one on the right is the only one that doesn't give a green run back - I think there is a blue (chenus but probably can't recall)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Me too, my son fell out of a chair in Morzine 2 years ago (age 6), I had to hang on to him til lifty rescued him. I saw a 5 year old fall of a chair in Alpe d'Huez last week, truly terrifying as he actually dropped off the chair, luckily about 5 yaerds from start into soft snow but clearly terrified him. Mind you, i bet he doesn't do it again.

I refuse to think about it when kids are in ski school, I only worry when I'm in charge.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are quite a lot of gondolas in Couchevel, so getting your 2.5yo up the mountain won't be a problem - the Ariondaz bubble from 1650 goes directly to Bel Air where there is a substantial mountain restaurant. But of course gondolas tend to go a fair distance so skiing down is probably a bit much to expect: Jardin Alpin in 1850 though has intermediate stops that mean a shorter ski - but beware the lower section (down through the village) can be a bit of a race-track.

We had miniAP riding chairlifts in Canada at 2y5m, and we used one of these to hold onto: http://www.applerise.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ARS&Product_Code=1403-KLIFT&Category_Code=1600

He started going up button lifts (being carried) about 6 months earlier. Going up a button lift alone took rather longer (mainly due to lack of weight).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RobW wrote:

we used one of these to hold onto: http://www.applerise.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ARS&Product_Code=1403-KLIFT&Category_Code=1600

They sell something like that in the Great Little Trading Company (www.gltc.co.uk). There was a link in a previous post. Looks like a good idea.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had a child with me on a lift. Wriggled, turned round to talk to friend on lift behind. Never stopped moving. So stopped at end and spoke to instructor and said she was a liability. When I left she was being severely talked to - I hope it worked as I was terrified throughout the lift ride.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy