Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Information needed for first ever snowboarding trip at Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a complete beginner to Snowboarding, but me and three friends are going to Val Thorens next week!

I would like to know if it is worth booking anything like Board hire or lessons before we go, would it be any cheaper?

If so, are there any recommendations as to who to use?

Also, are there any good or bad palces to eat or drink that people have got experience of?

Apologies if this gets posted a lot, but I have not really found much info as yet.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
would book lessons before you go to make sure you get the times you want, plenty of hire places so wouldnt worry to much about that then you can choose one close to your accomodaton

prosneige have a good reputation for lessons

for cheap beers i dont think you can beat the Viking at happy hour, 4-7pm, 2 for 1!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
goldeneye243, I believe Prosneige are well regarded amongst the snowHeads for lessons.

I'm guessing next week is a little bit off peak, so you probably don't need to book lessons or gear in advance. If you are arriving Saturday afternoon then you might find there's a bit of queuing to hire gear. We've used one of the various branches of Goitschel in VT for gear hire and ski buying, we've found them helpful and friendly but I couldn't tell you how they stack up price-wise.

Personally, I like the pizzas from La Petite Ferme - you need to book if you want to eat in the restaurant, but they also do takeaways. I find eating on the mountain a bit pricey for nothing special in the three valleys.

There's quite a lot of stuff about Val Thorens on snowHeads, the end of season bashes have been held there the last couple of years, but the search facility isn't great...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also various people have kindly helped me out with info and opinions in my Val Thorens thread, may well be worth your taking a look.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im off to Val Thorens on the 19th, seems to be the destination of the moment! Have been looking around for lessons and ski rental. Through moseying around this forum I've found out that Ski Republic are doing a 2 for 1 deal. They seem a bit pricey to start with compared to some of the other shops i've found but once you factor in the discount, seems like great value! They also throw in a free helmet and damage insurance, but then I don't know what their reputation is like. Right i'm off to get excited about my holiday, is it too early to start packing hehe.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for that. I have now booked the boards with Ski Republic, seemed a good deal and will hopefully speed things up when we go to collect. Useful that there are four of us too!

One other thing, does anyone know of any free wifi hotspots in VT? I t is always nice to get emails etc without having to pay......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
goldeneye243, The Frog does, although it's a bit hit and miss; some laptops work, others don't, or so I've been told. La Piscine restaurant, in the lower shopping centre has it as well. Most other places you have to pay.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy