Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Checking binding mounting position

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just brought a new pair of skis (162 Scott Punishers) and after some discussion with the guys in the shop, I asked for the bindings to be mounted +2 (, is there anyway I can measure / check this has been done? Only asking since the marking on the boot lines up with what appears to be the mid sole mark on the skis. Apologies in advance if I'm making an mistake and getting confused, thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cee, I know nothing that can help but can I ask which shop you went to?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cee, sorry to state the obvious but i would say that it's pretty obvious that if the mid sole mark on the bot lines up with the mid sole mount point on the skis that they have not been mounted +2 but at 0. If this is an issue for you certainly take it up with the shop. Redrilling and remounting 2 cm forward of the original hole shouldnt really be an issue in terms of the skis integrity but will have an impact on future resale value as well as possible remounts you yourself might want to do...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cee, as skibomb has said, if the boot mark lines up with the ski mark then they've not been mounted forward. However, the mid sole mount point on the Mission's/Punisher's is quite forward relative to other similar makes/models & seems to be in an ideal position for an 'all mountian' ski. So unless you using them solely as a park ski, in which case you would have probably bought a different ski, I'm confident that you'll find them fine as mounted. Of course this doesn't absolve the store for mounting them differently from instructions. I'd be interested in knowing why you wanted them mounted at +2cm?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I asked for the bindings to be mounted +2cm after a discussing it with the people in the shop. I want something which can be used all mountain, specifically mentioning that I was looking for something which could be used mainly on piste, but with the potential to be used off piste as well as a bit in the park; to make it easier in the park I was recommended between +2/+3cm; with consideration that the further forward bindings are mounted, the more detrimental to performance on/off piste and that a centre core setup isn't what I require based on the above, i.e. not a pure freestyle ski.

Will give the shop a call tomorrow and see what they say; not sure how they'll deal with this one, personally not too keen on remounting the bindings. Should be an interesting way to start the week!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cee, You're somewhat contradicting yourself in your requirements. As mounted they'll be ideal for "something which can be used all mountain, specifically mentioning that I was looking for something which could be used on piste, but with the potential to be used off piste as well as a bit in the park". Yes, by moving the bindings 2/3cm forward makes them a better park ski but really screws up the on/off piste requirements. As I said above the mounting point on the Mission/Punishers is quite far forward anyway.

Unless you've demo'd the ski in different binding positions then the only way to properly determine your personal binding position is to get yourself Cambell Balanced. After balancing a number of customers who have Punisher's I've ended up mounting three of them 1, 2 & 3cm back respectively & double that on the standard mark.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy