Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the likely cost of lower intermediate level ski boots plus fitting?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I realise many factors like boot brand, latest gear or last season's gear, foot shape and foot bed type can drastically affect the price.

Despite possible difficulties in giving accurate estimates what price could I expect to pay for lower intermediate level boots plus basic footbeds and fitting? If you don't mind me asking how much did other snowheads pay for their first pair of fitted boots?

I've skied for two weeks and can link parallel turns and sometimes carved turns on blue runs, well until the skis start moving in different directions Embarassed . On the very steep blues at LDA I skied down them safely but with not much style or efficiency.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought my first boots a year ago - I didn't have footbeds (estmated at £30-£40 for basic ones at the time) but my boots Head 8.8's for ladies cost £140 the fitting was free. I had skied for a similar length of time to you, but wasn't quite so advanced, but not far behind - my boots are expected to last until I'm approaching the top side of intermediate. I hope this helps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The most important thing about ski boots is not their price but how they fit. You could pay 30 quid on ebay and be very lucky (please don't try this at home) or 500 GBP and not be able to walk in the dam things never mind ski in them.

"Boot fitting" is a widely used term, very few in the trade will admit they don't do it but in my limited experience very few do. I only buy from a respected boot fitter or a shop that has a large selection of boots, is willing to take them back and give me a credit should they cause me problems that the shop can't overcome to my satisfaction.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy