Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accomm suggestions Les Houches?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone stayed somewhere convenient for the lifts in Les Houches before?

I don't really mind what kind of accommodation as long as it's only a short walk to the lifts and ok for kids.

Also, we're going to Les Houches from Fri 5th to Wed 10th March, so end of one week into beginning of next, which means I'll have a bit more difficulty, so all suggestions/ideas/experiences welcome!

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi...

Try MGM Haute des Chavants... self catered apartments right behind the Prarion Gondola, and ESF ski school meeting point. Just google them.

Airport transfers available with www.chamexpress.com from Geneva Airport to/from your accommodation for 25 Euros per person.

Les Houches is perfect for families, beginners, and cautious intermediates.

We should know... we're based here! Very Happy

Ski passes, lessons, and ski hire is all available via ourselves in advance too!

Best regards.

Andrew
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chamexpress, they only seem to do complete sat to sat weeks on their website? That'd mean paying for 14 days and using for 5 days Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges, Try this company http://www.mountain-base.com/Chamonix-Accommodation.htm don't know if they will do a short break but maybe? We had a stunning S/C chalet with them at Maison Neuve, ski-in and out from the back door, it was great. Try also the tourist office web site and look for the little hotels and B&Bs, it's definitely possible as we met some people there on a short break.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having been an observer on this site but never a poster, I couldn't resist posting as we have an apartment in Haut de Chavants which is managed by Mountain Base. Speak to Matt or Andy and I am sure they could be flexible on timings. Would agree that Les Houches is a great place, and Haut de Chavants skiable to the Prarion lift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Hauts de Chavants is right on the slopes by the Prarion cable so great from that point of view. If you want better more recent more luxurious accommodation then would personally recomment Le Hameau de Pierre Blanche which is a MGM. Walk to Prarion is just 5 minutes. You can read more about both on http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/les-houches.htm
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or this even http://www.mountain-base.com/chalet-les-drus.htm
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
slikedges, Another snowHead for the ISSC? Thanks for the thread. Hope to see you there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, I'll investigate the options. snowHead

beequin, yep, 3 snowHeadlets going for the first time Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just to conclude this thread, did book via mountain-base in the end, but booked an apartment in the Kandahar, as it's directly opposite the Bellevue lift. Would've been happy to go to Hameau de Pierre Blanc near the Prarion lift but they wouldn't do part week bookings.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy