Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morillon/ Flaine/ Samoens

Poster: A snowHead
If its snowed a lot - try "Verlarge" the red from near the GME top which goes down to the "old bubble" gondola at Vercland. A lovely run, but often bare - not tomorrow by the sounds of it!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevo_the_saddler, Planning on doing that tomorrow. It snowed all night and most of the morning. Afternoon was great - knee deep snow, kids knackered and back to the chalet, two hours of fun and a pizza at Louisianne! Sunshine forecast for the rest of the week snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skimummy, MMMMmmmm Louisanne do the best "Croute" in Samoens - a must if you go back there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevo_the_saddler, Louisianne do the best everything in Samoens in my opinion! Will be back there next year snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skimummy, Fondue = La Clarine, Tartiflette = Le Serac, they are 2 of my other fave's. Bois de Lune or Muscade et Basillic for "special" nights. La Tournalta for good food with miserable service (lots of the time). Laughing Not that I know Samoens much Razz
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stevo_the_saddler, you're spot on about La Tournalta, you certainly wouldn't go for the service!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We managed a day in the Gers Bowl on Thursday, we'd been lucky and they'd kept it closed the day before, so the fresh stuff was nicely preserved! We made a short video too: http://www.chaletgeorge.com/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
endlessride, in which case I owe you an apology.... we were the 1st down Gers when it opened on Thursday and I skiid like and absolute lady's front bottom...... could string together more than half a dozen turns before I face planted....... so much so that I did one run and bailed down cascades for coffee.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from the GM, loads of lovely powder, anyone who is heading out will not be disappointed.
Really warm and sunny but most runs hold up well.
Went a full week without a single fall but broke and burst my elbow stepping out of the apartments pool carrying my 3 yo and slipping.
Still didn't stop me skiing with it strapped up and still leaving my mates behind.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
??powder? where?

Pistes in good condition and spring skiing throughout. Some excellent bumps under Diamant Noir.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marcellus, endlessride,

Gers was pretty epic on thursday. The Entry from the Tete de Ballacha was particularly good Cool -

Glad it was closed Wednesday as there were slabs being kicked out everywhere and I think there would have been anm incident. Felt alot more stable on Thursday.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well back in the office this morning after a great week in the GM. Spent our final 2 days in Morillon chasing the kids down Marvel and Sairon. I think they are definately both hooked - had to drag the 5 year old off the mountain kicking and screaming Very Happy The 3 year old was too exhausted to put up a fight. The snow was getting a little spring like down the bottom but nothing like the slush of previous years depsite the sunshine.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yikes.....I have just looked at the weather forecast for the region and it is predicting 16 degrees!!!!

Has all the snow in the resort turn to slush already?

We will be in Samoens tomorrow, should we bring our wellies?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
northantsred, no it's just normal spring skiing. Until you get high (e.g. Diamant Noir) it's hard in the morning and a bit soft in the afternoon. South facing sunny slopes getting it worst (i.e. off the piste to the Sept Freres). Nothing to worry about, just don't layer up too much.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Like Skimummy, back in Blighty after a great week in Samoens last week. Weather and conditions spot on. Great bit of fresh on Tuesday, though made going across Perce Neige a bit of a character building experience with vis. down to about 20ft at times. Wednesday's powder morning was an absolute joy, and most people stayed home till lunchtime so got a few first lines Very Happy Finished up with 2 bluesky days. A Great week on a great mountain. snowHead
snow report
Richard_Sideways, Even my 3 & 5 year olds got to make fresh tracks last week! Wednesday was certainly a great powder day. We dropped down a red off Dahu (maybe Carne?) with nobody on it and knee deep powder to ourselves (had left the kids with hubby at this point) I'm sure every skier in the GM was stuck in the bottleneck at the top of the Croix lift leaving the rest of the place to me!
We spent Tuesday in Sixt and I couldn't tell you what it looks like over there - couldn't see a thing! Only saw a handful of other people too. snowHead
snow conditions
Skimummy, That red is fantastic (the one by the corner on Perce Neige?) sometimes needs a bit of polling at the end if you haven't got enough speed - but a fantastic blast at the top. Sixt is very pretty (for reference), and you dont see anyone else even in clear conditions Laughing
snow report
stevo_the_saddler, Not sure if it's on the corner of Perce Neige ( I tend to head down hill and only worry where I am near the end of the day) It's the one just after a tight right to stay on Dahu where everybody side steps back up to the missed turn (which is why we went down it)
snow conditions
Skimummy, Yep - just before the "shooosh" toward Morillon. I love that red, but most people miss it and go down the path... especially if it hasn't been pisted. The other red a bit further on (which was a pisted black in previous seasons) is also a good one... a nice confidence builder of the more tentative skier.
snow conditions
stevo_the_saddler, It certainly hadn't been pisted! There is only one run in the GM on my hate list - Corbalanche, after a nightmare down it a couple of years ago. I will never go near that slope (hell hole) again! I love the bumpy reds cos they are always empty.
snow report
Skimummy, Is that the moguled black down towards Les Carrots? If so, I have yet to try it, always looks tough from the lift above.
ski holidays
stevo_the_saddler, Thats the one - you get stuck in a gulley and can't get out. Trees and bushes everywhere you try and turn. Give it a go - I might have just tried it on a bad day. Puzzled
snow conditions
Skimummy, Didn't have any 3 & 5's in my group (though yours probably ski'd better than some of my mob Smile ) We'd tried to get on top of the Flaine runs on Tuesday, but only managed a couple of runs before heading lower because the visability was getting dicy (even the army were heading down by then). BTW. over the years i've gone up mountains in some pretty odd ways, but never on a Stand-Up chairlift like the one out of Flaine! Was formally dubbed the Flying Urinal. Laughing (though not 'christened' i hasten to add)
latest report
Corblanche is not for the faint hearted and there is no bail out.................................. still it is one of my favourite runs if I'm only out for a short time as it's one of the few runs were you really have to stop and think what you're doing and get your technique right!!
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways, That is the most random lift I have ever been on... quite amusing watching people on their first attempt. The trick is always to be the first to stand on it... it then swings away from the other person Laughing
latest report
Just got back from 4 days in Morillon - Fantastic weather , Blue skies, hot hot sun ! - Not good for the snow lower down the hill ! Wasn't busy and the reds on the top of Flaine superb - in fact we didnt find a bad run - though a few of the south facing ones were getting a little brown later on- and it was slushy at resort level - it was 24 degrees at the Morillon 1100 lift yesterday at 15.00 - they'll need some more snow if this keeps up ,though it wasn't really a problem above 1500m. Had a great trip ! -its a different place when theres plenty of snow as I went 2 years ago when the snow was thin and there were an awful lot of runs closed and the links were sheet ice,not nice !! this time it was magic!! The other thing thast was nice is that eating out was half the price of the 3V. One thing I did notice was that there seems to a better view round every corner!! A nice way to finish this seaons skiing !!
snow report
marcellus,
Quote:

still it is one of my favourite runs if I'm only out for a short time

You must be crazy!!

Quote:

you really have to stop and think what you're doing and get your technique right!!

That must be where I went wrong Confused
snow conditions
Skimummy, when you live in Les Carroz you have to make these pleasures for yourself otherwise you end up idly skiing round all the time with no real purpose.. hed to the Corblanche... work hard, tire your legs, practice, practice, practice and then go back to work after a lunch break!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marcellus,
Quote:

pleasures

Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
perhaps
Quote:

pleasures

wasn't he best turn of phrase!
snow conditions
marcellus, Help please.... I cannot find the lift dates anywhere, when does the GM/Flaine close?
latest report
Massif the 20th (if that's the SUnday) and Flaine the following sunday so 27th............ could be the 19th and 26th but it's those weekends!!
snow conditions
marcellus, Star! Thanks
snow report
Just back from a week in Flaine. Brilliant sun all week (apart from a couple of hours of cloud around 2000m) but as marksovereign says it was getting a bit slushy on the lower slopes mid week, especially around Morillion & Sixt. By Friday it was sub-zero and a bit windy so the upper slopes were a little icy, especially the south-facing area (but still great skiing) and the lower slopes around Flaine like Olivine and Tourmaline were much firmer than earlier in the week. I took a run down to Morillion last thing Friday and it was still heavy going close to the resort but better than it had been. Looks like some fresh snow is due this week so should be lovely... I'm missing it already but just spotted the EoSB!
ski holidays
Like dinomartino, just back from a week in the Grand Massif. Beautiful, wall-to-wall sunshine pretty much all week. Yes the snow wasn't the best it has ever been due to the conditions but it was great spring skiing. Even included some great picnics with a bottle of wine just off the pistes. The folks in the ski rental place in Morillon thought it would be cooling down again this coming week, with more snow forecast.
snow report
mfj197, theyre right, cold front moving in and due 50cm of snow between tonight and wednesday night!!
latest report
marcellus, How terrible for you - how will you ever manage Twisted Evil Our apartment stands empty and I am in the UK GGGRRRRRRR
snow conditions
Likewise, stevo_the_saddler !!
ski holidays
Et moi, though I may make the week up to Easter if it looks worth it.
snow report
P10DW, just back from the Grand Massif, dumped 20Cm on Monday (23 March night), carried on during Tuesday and Wednesday, had superb conditions on Thursday, great snow and weather, only slightly slushy at Morillon, though you couldn't ski down to the bottom of the bubble. Cascade was closed too much snow, probably opened on Friday knowing my luck Crying or Very sad
Stayed in Sixt which had snow as well
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy