Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Non-skier activities / things to do in selva Gardena

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommedations? It will be our first time there and my first non-skiing holiday due to knee surgery. I'm planning to take lots of books, but might get cabin fever if I do nothing but sit in my bedroom for a week. Anything else around? I've googled but not come up with much...

Thanks
Lilac
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lilac, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I can't offer you any concrete advice, of the resorts on the Sella Ronda I'd imagine Selva Gardena is your best bet - it is the largest. The scenery is out of this world, so you can spend some time just looking at it and a couple of the lifts out of Selva are cable cars / gondolas - so easily utilised by the non-skier. You might do a day trip to Bolzano.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lilac, Sorry cant be of benefit either. Was being far too selfish up on the slopes to look around. Scenery is V, V, V beautiful.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You might find this website handy:

http://www.val-gardena.com/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lilac, The skibus service in the valley, linking the 3 resorts of Selva/Wolkenstein, St. Cristina and Ortisei/St. Ulrich gives you 7 days useage for only 5 Euros!
In my opinion Ortisei/St Ulrich is the prettiest of the 3 towns (with pedestrianised area), and from Ortisei as a non-skier you can take the gondola and cable car up to the Seceda area. This has beautiful views, good mountain restaurant and is a popular sun-trap area for skiers and non-skiers alike Very Happy
Although I've not tried it, Ortisei also has a swimming pool complex with water jets etc. - might be good for your knee recovery! Toofy Grin
I was in Selva over Christmas, and the British Tour operators (Crystal, Thompson, Inghams, Neilson) organised an optional day trip excursion to Cortina D'Ampezzo on the Wednesday. The drive itself is scenic and interesting, and although the majority were people aiming to spend time on the slopes, there were a few people who just spent the day in the town itself.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy