Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SERRE CHEVALIER - Briancon/Hotel Ibis Queries

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at accommodation options for Serre Chevalier for 4 nights later in January. Never been but fancy somewhere different after all the usual French areas.

Tourist office website seems a waste of time - just brings up options of Saturday arrivals for a choice of 7 or 14 days. A bit irritating - have these resorts never heard of Ryanair and Easyjet & the wonderful world of flexible DIY holidays?

The Ibis Hotel in Briancon (on Accorhotels.com, not the tourist office website) is coming up as available. Can anyone advise:

1. On its general location - ie re. lifts/food/drink. Is it recommended?

2. On Briancon/Serre Chevalier in general.

2. Of any other Serre Chevalier digs that offer flexible dates and stays of less than a week? (Though mega expensive luxury hotels need not apply!)

Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountainaddict,
I have not stayed at the Ibis but have seen it I think. It is just above a shopping mall on the outskirts . Not a particularly attractive part of the town. Many places will offer stays of less than a week if you contact them directly in low season. I have always been self catering but friends who have stayed there rate the Vauban. It is friendly and the food good when we went for a meal out. Quite a few years back now though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Mr Bar!

We've got no qualms about turning up and knocking on hotel doors - so might end up doing that.

I know it's all a bit subjective, but can anybody suggest which is the best bit of Serre Chevalier to stay in? We will have a car so we are flexible on the travel front. Wouldn't mind accommodation with a few places within walking distance for eating out. Easy lift access would be a bonus.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountainaddict,
From a skiing point of view it does not matter that much where you stay if you have a car as you can drive to most bits , though they do seem to be building on some of the car parks when I visited this summer. Parking may be more difficult than it used to be. The Cheapest bit is Briancon and the old town is very attractive, though some of the other bits are not. Plenty of reasonable eating out places. I have usually stayed there. Chantemerle and Villeneuve probably have a bit more Apres and have the quickest access to the large central area.
Monetier is probably the most attractive and has the best and most snow sure skiing on its doorstep.
I think you can have a pretty good time based anywhere, I have stayed mainly in Briancon and once near Monetier and always enjoyed it .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monetier is the nicest. Villeneuve & Chantemerle the most convenient. Try contacting Le Frog, they can organise apt accommodation & do breakfast & meals in their pub/restaurant at the bottom of the piste in Villeneuve. I'm going there myself with a party of 24 in 3 weeks time Very Happy (probably best to avoid 17th - 21st January Madeye-Smiley )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict, as T Bar, says, the hotel isn't in a very attractive setting (outside of walking distance to lifts) but as it is used by some of the Tour de France teams when a stage finishes in Briancon, it can't be too bad. End of January is usually quiet, so parking shouldn't be a problem in any of the villages. Its within walking distance of restaurants and bars in the lower part of town but its quite a hike to the higher (nicer) part of Briancon and you would need to drive. The snow is terrific this season, so no worries there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pierre vacannces in villeneuve is basic but good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy