Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

E&O Eager Ladies Pants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Grrr!

I thought I'd found the perfect ski pants. My criterion is that they must be comfortable, fit well, allow me to so some serious cranking over/race style skiing, and keep me warm. Mr Docsquid's criterion is that they must look sexy, and preferably be a stretchy clingy fit. All of this must also be available in a size 6 - hen's teeth are common by comparison - and even then I need a belt.

They performed very well while on holiday in Tignes in December. They fitted well, were reasonably warm, had some nice touches (like a little bit of padding to make Poma lifts are bit more bearable), and Mr DS liked them.

However this week I got round to washing all our ski gear, including these pants. All according to instructions - zips done up etc, and handwash program at 30 degrees with liquid non-detergent stuff.

Only when they came out..oh dear. Several nasty cuts in the material, some right through i.e. some were complete holes and one almost half the circumference of the lower leg. The repair kit that came with them wouldn't begin to cover the damage. The washing machine was completely free from any sharp items, and none of the other ski kit was damaged. I can only assume that they suffered slight scratches while on holiday - they look like ski cuts but are on the outside of the leg, which is weird - and then the washing machine pulled them apart.

What is particularly annoying is that they cost £180. But now the only size 6 pants I can find are £200 or more Sad My old pants have a problem with the zip, that means they keep coming undone and letting in the cold air, so I can't stick with them - that's why I bought new ones in the first place.

So I'm now £200 worse off, having had to fork out for another pair of ski pants. They are conventional padded pants, and Mr DS will now be very disappointed. Being small, anything padded makes me look like a Michelin woman, so I'm not too thrilled to be getting something not really what I want for a very high price.

So, my general view is AVOID these pants - they are obviously not very robust. I can hack them together for use at the Snowdome, but wouldn't trust them not to fall apart in the mountains.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
docsquid,

Made by Nafica.... I'd take them back if only to let them know what a load of .... you think they are...

They might give you a credit note... who knows.

It isn't how tight they are.....men can see beyond that sort of thing.....they'll know if the bum is good...

Get a decent shell pant with warm thermals
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
docsquid, Are they really called 'Eager Ladies Pants'? Shocked why am i put in mind of a Tom Jones concert?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
red 27, Smile Smile

I've had a go at Snow and Rock (I bought them online because none of the shops actually stock size 6).

Mr DS says that tight ski pants (on me) are essential for his race training - by this he means that it gives him an incentive to chase me really, really fast! They are also good for my race training, as I have an incentive to stay in front!

The bad news? Oh yes - the other pair I wanted were out of stock, so I've now had to order a pair of Spyder pants, which are even more expensive. Ho Hum.

The good news? The E&O jacket I got at the same time is actually very good indeed - very nice fabric, very well thought out and very comfortable and warm. I think they've just made these "Eager" pants out of the wrong fabric.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
docsquid wrote:

Mr DS says that tight ski pants (on me) are essential for his race training - by this he means that it gives him an incentive to chase me really, really fast! They are also good for my race training, as I have an incentive to stay in front!

We're a shallow lots, us blokes. Have you tried taking Mr DS pants shopping with you? I reckon his wallet will be wide open after you've wiggled and wriggled in and out of a few pairs...

Anyway.. pause for breath.... I realise I'm being absolutly no help whatsoever in actually answering your question
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Moving away from the backside issue.... (I bought some Killy slim fit pants a few years ago that are great by the way ha), I'm looking at the E&O gear on snow and rock too and glad they have size 6. Which jacket is the one that worked well and did you go for?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27, Beat me to it. I was going to post that they sounded like some strange ski sex aid.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
docsquid, If you're in the business of forking out over £200 for ski pants and you have a pair that just have a broken zip would it be worth seeing how much the manufacturers would charge to rezip them for you? I bought leather motorbike gear in a seconds tent for peanuts many years ago in the knowledge that the zip was no good - I posted them to the manufacturers and for £20 they rezipped them for me. If you have a favourite pair of pants it might be worth a try and would give you a spare pair even if you've now ordered new ones.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Widger76, it was the grey one, can't remember what it was called, but it's on the S&R web site. It is a very nice jacket with some very nice touches, and I particularly like the detachable fur collar, the cuffs with a thumb hole that mean you can keep a neat junction between jacket and gloves without the cold getting in, and the smooth lining.

Megamum, I have had similar repairs done to motorcycle trousers with good results, and was planning to get them re-zipped at some point - just didn't have time when I found out the zip problem before our Christmas trip. However these particular trousers aren't particularly good for racy skiing (not stretchy), so I wanted to get another pair more suited, and keep the others as a spare.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Update - I got the Spyder pants in the end. They are very nice but too big, even a size 6. Fortunately they come with braces, so at least they won't fall round my ankles. I'll look forward to testing them the week after next in La Rosiere.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum wrote:
docsquid would it be worth seeing how much the manufacturers would charge to rezip them for you?

Or your local dry cleaners, perhaps.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
docsquid wrote:
they come with braces, so at least they won't fall round my ankles.

shame.... Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, yes, Mr DS is upset about that too Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy