Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Northern Ireland 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
Might venture up behind my house after work today to investigate snow depths in the Dublin mountains, but 4 ft up north sounds impressive, we need to get a snow depth reading service in Ireland like the ski resorts have!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
photos from beeb today, Glenoe, NI

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
christmas came late, or early. you choose Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
was in lower parts of sliabh beagh hills on wed 31 and at 200mts there was a level foot of snow. over 300mts could have got double that. cant get up higher yet cause roads are still blocked.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd say today's rain hasn't helped those snow depths.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Ross,

Not mush rain in Northern Ireland (yet). I was at a hill farm in Co. Antrim today and the Land Rover was no good. Some places only accessable by tractor. They had to dig 50 sheep out of 5ft drifts!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Waist deep drifts at 1000ft in the Antrim Hills.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
was up sliabh beagh today and was dumfounded at the size of the snowdrifts. south-east aspects have huge deposits. seen a gully with over 8 foot of snow in it. had actually bridged the stream running down it. that snow started 7 days ago so can only guess at the depths before the thaw, but prob 12 foot in that gully. seen some decent snow up there this winter but this storm completley dwarfed anything before. possibley one of the biggest snowstorms the mountain has ever seen. will try to upload pics on netweather photography.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Drove from Cavan town to banbridge today, could see some drifts on the mountains to the west (cuilcaghs I think). But no snow on the south Armagh hills or any I could see on the mournes or the cooleys. Snowfall seemed to be very localised.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peter Ross,

The storm was actually pretty widespread, but it thawed fast at low levels. Looking at the Antrim Hills (20 miles away) there are huge ribbons of whit from the summits to around 200m, but snow has also been scoured from some of the higher spots too. I wonder if some of the deep drifts will last till May.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
up sliabh beagh this evening and only found a few small snow patches no more than a few mts in length. would think that will be the last snow up there til next winter. been a factastic one this year though and hoping for more of the same next year!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BIG LAD,

Yip still a few slivers of snow on the Antrim Hills too
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
well thought it was all over but was up for a dander on southern side of sliabh beagh today and found some large patches of snow in sheltered gullies. biggest one was about 20mts length and 2 foot deep in places. have put some pics on ireland mountain snow reports on netweather cause cant get them up here.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BIG LAD,

Cheers. Mate works for forestry service and was reporting similar sized patches on Sleiveanorra today. Also some big patches remaining on Sleive Gallion, visible from Antrim. Haven't seen the Northern side of the Sperrins, but there is bound to be even more there. If it is still there in May, I'll take the skis up some evening!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
was up sliabh beagh today and can confirm the last of the snow is gone. a few large looking patches visible on the southern slopes of the sperrins. doubfull if any will last until 1st may.
ski holidays
BIG LAD,

1 big spot visible on Sleiveanorra.
latest report
was down at the curragh yesterday and plenty of snow patches visible on wicklow mountains. any more reports in the north?
snow conditions
BIG LAD,

Cool, reckon it has all gone from Antrim Hills and probably the Sperrins too. An amazing winter!
latest report
time to get this thread up and running again i think! not been that long since last winter finished and we,ve had some hill snow already! been a cool autumn so far with plenty of frosts so hopefully the cold theme can continue..
snow report
BIG LAD,

Gud work. There was snow on the Antrim Hills and Sperrins last week. I got a pic of snow on Sleiveanorra on BBC Newsline 6.30 with Cecilia last monday evening.
ski holidays
well done jb. any chance of you sharing that pic on here? what kind of depths do you think was up there?
latest report
BIG LAD,

Will try and get the pic up tomorrow. Not much depth, but it was drifting to 1 ft in places, but the rest was bare!
ski holidays
a few snow showers here this evening in monaghan. left a covering on cars and pavements. froze solid now. temp of 0c and dew point of -2.5c
snow report
4/6 inches here in just in Pomeroy. Foothills of the sperrins (one of the highest villages in Ireland). Roads were all closed this evening untill the snow plough came out. the main roads where bedlem i counted 57 cars that had just gave up on my way out of Omagh this evening and with rain forecast in the coming days will all fall as snow round me! max temp is to be 1 degree over the next few days and thats in omagh so god knows what it will be out in the country! So bring on the snow! So excited!

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
just woke up and we have over 2 inches of powdery snow here in monaghan. overnight low of -1.6c.
ski holidays
A wee dusting here in Coleraine, but looking East to the Antrim Plateau there is complete covering above 200m. 6 inches above 400m according to mate in forestry service.
latest report
heavy snow here for the last hour. hardly and thaw today and roads are completely white again. at least 3 inches on the ground now. amazing scene.
snow report
BIG LAD,

Cool, still only a dusting here, but BBC reporting Coleraine - Limavady road was closed earlier due to snow!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
so who's going to be first to break out the skis, and where should I make the trek from Belfast to?
ski holidays
cardweg,

Might go exploring later. Antrim Hills 20 miles from me and are white this morning. Currently -5 here on the coast!
snow report
overnight low here of -7.8c. currently -5.8c. new november record for aldergrove of -8.6c!
snow report
couple of cms of new snow last nite. hardly any thaw even in the sun today. snow still powdery. currently -2.4c.
ski holidays
10cm here on the coast.

Will assess if the fields are skiable in the morning. Still a bit of grass showing. Alot more snow 20 miles inland.
ski holidays
well we have now had 8 consecutive days with full snowcover. barely any thaw since it started. prob about 3 or 4 inches in total. amazing spell.
latest report
Raining on the coast now, but heavy snow only 15 miles inland.
snow report
no thaw here again today. high of 0.2c. was up on sliabh beagh earlier and about 6 inches there. alot of drifting has occured higher up. lakes up there completely snow covered. this is a better spell than last winters!
latest report
We have 8 inches of light fluffy skiable snow right on the coast. Never seen this amount of snow before here! Shocked
snow report
snowed for about 6 hours today and left over 4 inches. between 7 and 8 inches on the ground now. 10 days with full snowcover and barely a thaw, a spell of weather to dream about!
latest report
skis on for a while faffing about with thw kids on the back garden - still counts as a ski day in my book. About 3-4 inches here in suburban Belfast.
snow conditions
Made a piste today and used tractor as uplift. Slick bottomed body boards were also pretty good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy