Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resort? Cheapness + apres?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Hoping to draw on your wealth of experience.

Looking to book a trip away the first week of March (1st - 8th). Dates are inflexible and we are looking for somewhere with good snow and great apres ski but on a budget. Started off looking at St Anton but that seems far too expensive. Saalbach is looking a possibility...

Ideally we would like a chalet for 8 of us but you know, beggars can't be choosers!

Anyway just hoping you may have some pearls of wisdom as to where to go/who to book with/anything?!

Thanks a million in advance!

Mark
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've found the better apres places (Ischgl, St Anton, Saalbach) tend to be on the more expensive side ... but for St Anton if you head out of town a bit, Nasserein (good lift and 10 minute walk to town) is a bit cheaper and St Jacob (have to use the free buses or cabs at night) is cheaper still. If you are big drinkers i think you'll find the money you save in these compared to France will more than make up for the price of accomodation .. beer tends to be around London prices.

Unfortunately I can't really think of a very cheap Austrian resort with top apres but you'll find the accomodation is much better quality there than you'd get in France for the same price.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mayrhofen may not be a bad bet!! The snow is generally good in Early march and you have the back up of a glacier up the road apres ski does not get any better than the ice bar but it does go a little quite after midnight which is not a bad thing some morning Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks very much for the tips guys. rich, you guessed right - it's a team of fairly big drinkers!

can either of you reccommend any good places to stay or company to book with?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mayrhofen of course ... why didn't i think of that .. probably the best combination of cheapness and apres.

Stayed here www.tiscover.at/at/guide/57111at,en,SCH1/objectId,ACC147781at,season,at2/home.html a couple of years ago in December for 32€ ppn B&B and here www.apparthotel-altepost.at last January for something similar but we did all (14 of us) have to share a bathroom.

As you're going Sat-Sat you can fly BA to Innsbruck (the closest aiport) and then get a cab or a train or Munich's quite easy if you hire a car. Salzburg also is quite close but that is Ryan Air so best avoided !! I think EasyJet might have started flyng to Innsbruck as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marctimms, Mayerhofen or Soll in Austria, Ischgl and St Anton great but at a price. Italy Sauze, Cervinia. Andorra Soldeu.

Have a good trip wherever you go.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marctimms, for the probability of good snow, at least higher up you could try Les deux alps. Reasonable Apres. Try Skiworld Chalet Le Cret.

Sauze has good Apres but the snow can be hit and miss. Very few chalets though.

Livigno can also be lively but spread out resort.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went to mayrhofen last year the town is brilliant but the skiing is not linked ( not that it would worry boozers) you have to take a bus or train out of the town to get to the other pistes -about 40 mins
I have been to Saalbach twice and just booked a third time but for this month I love the place as an intermediate skier and the Hinterhagalm is something to remember if you get out but to re-iterate you can ski the whole valley without getting on a bus or train
Have fun and be safe Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marctimms, fly into Salzburg and come to Ski Amade - 45 mins down the motorway. Excellent skiing and drinking, excellent b&b prices too! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy