Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Make me sleek and toasty warm !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am off to JH in 4 weeks and have decided I need some new base layers my current ones are about 8 years old and have been used for skiing, hiking, running etc etc. I have the arcteryx sally's which have no padding or insulating material in at all and the side winder jacket Smile

And its just all too confusing

1. polartech powerstretch

2. Smart Wool

3. underarmour stuff / skins

4. Standard Helly type stuff !

this year in Banff I wore a pair of helly type long johns with a looser pair of powerstrech pants under my baggy shell bottoms but I dont think I am going to have room for this under the arcteryx

and should I buy here or wait until I get to the USA ?? I have access to the usual shops and cheshire oaks and obviously dont want to get rippped off

Thanks x
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen LS,

It depends how hot or cold you run....

I use polartec base tops..not so fussed about the make as polartec is definitive, I think.
Under shell pants I use a normal LJ as all I need is something to take the nip of the fabric...
Mid layer is MH Tenacity or MH Monekyman which is Polartec200
Outer sheel is GT Paklite and this works for me. I would not say that I run cool... I like to be warm but this works..
On a freezing day... -20...I'll add a Icebreaker but I have never needed to..it is always in the pack.

This I now know works for me...and buy according to those standards so all I have to cope with is the changing temps...ie, 3 or 4 layer..

I never have the situation of ..I should have worn so and so ...
I'd find something that works ....and just rotate it daily.

I pretty well know I have got it right as the walk to the lifts makes me very warm...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy