Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice =] K2 Seth's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey im currently looking for change of ski, i've found the ski i want and its the k2 Seth im just struggling to decide what length would be best for me.

The Info Puzzled
Height 181 cm >>> 5 ft 9
Weight 76 kg >>>> 12 stone
Advanced

What would you recommend ?
Also Anyone got any suggestions for a binding ?

Thanks

Zak Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi...I have these in a 189cm and i'm 6ft 1 and 14 1/2stone. Been skiing many years and have worked 5 seasons.

I think you'll find the 179 ok to be honest. Ideally you need to demo a pair.

How much on piste are you expecting the ski to have to cope with? For me that was the reason the 189cm works so well. It actually holds an edge really well for a ski that wide ! The turn shape in that length is also really great in my opinion.

The 179 can actually turn really quicky I found! But for me at my weight it was not enough ski. Its not a stiff ski really and therefore very forgiving. GREAT in deep powder though. Not the best in chopped up crud. I use a Volkl for those conditions.

Hope that helps sort of?!

Alex
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Alex

Im intending to do a bit of piste but mainly powder hopefully Toofy Grin
Do you reckon i could get away with 189's ?
What are they like in the park ?
Also what bindings are you using ? if you dont mind me asking..

Thanks

Zak
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a Look Pivot 14 binding. I always have. Love the way they hold you in so tight.

Marker are a good option also on the K2's. all IMO of course.

I think there is nothing worse than ending up with a ski too short. Its impossible for me to say though as not been skiing with you.

If you want to do the whole park thing as well then i'm no expert on that front but would have though the 189 too big and maybe 179 better?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeti_rider, does your name refer to your bike?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or your sexual preference?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeti_rider, I'm 6ft and 14 stone, and have 179 Seths for off piste (sometimes use them on as well) Bindings are Rossi Axial Pros (Equivalent of the Look Pivot 12, iirc).
I'd suggest the 179 should be OK for you, and will be easier to handle in the park.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer ... yes it does refer to my bike ....

Chris... What are you thinking lol
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it's your only ski I'd go for the 179, if it's your deep ski then 189. Being twins they will ski short.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy