Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to chamrousse

Poster: A snowHead
Hi every1, first time poster Smile

I am off to chamrousse on the 12th jan, just wondering if any1 had some useful info on the area?
£ adults going, 1 non skier, 1 only been once, and myself, Ive been a few times although im no expert! Smile

I got hell of a good deal but starting to worry that its too good to be true!! (typical!) Staying in Les Domaines de l'Arselle apartments for 4. very basic im sure, but who cares, only gonna be in there to sleep!!

Anyway, thanks for any advice you can offer, all the best, Sam.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead 's Sam, can't tell u anything about Chamrousse but I expect a few who can will be along soon wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thx for the warm welcome Yoda, Il look forward to any replys i get Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There used to be a spooky bar next to the Intersport shop, which sported hordes of stuffed animals on every available surface. Their beady little glass eyes followed you everywhere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well il look out for that one Lizzard, thx Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The apartments are fab. Have a look.
http://www.transmontagne-residences.com/www-appart_chamrousse-142-HIVER-UK.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow jimmjimm, they do look very nice, and the piste look nice and comfortable too, which is great!!
Thats probably the best little site Ive seen with great pictures of the mountain and rooms, we only have the little room but who cares so long as there is powder on the slopes!! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alexsam97, Hi, I'm off there too, but not till late in the season - your right though, stunningly good value - were in the same appt. It was (I've been told) the original Olympic village from '68, however they have been updated and modernised in 2005/6, so should be pretty good. Right on the slopes too.

I'd love to hear a report when you get back.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IMT wrote:
It was (I've been told) the original Olympic village from '68, however they have been updated and modernised in 2005/6, so should be pretty good. Right on the slopes too.

The area was developed at the end of the 1950s as an activity center for children. Transmontagne went bust in September, if you booked through them rather than with the owner or new management company, hope someone has the keys for you when you arrive Shocked

The development is full of distressed British and Irish BTLers.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
alexsam97, I've skied Chamrousse once, many moons ago. Yes, you'll be skiing the slopes that Jean-Claude Killy immortalised with three gold medals in the 1968 Winter Olympics.

I remember the skiing being really pretty. Lots of trees and winding trails, and quite mellow gradients on the whole.

If you can get access to Grenoble for a night out I can recommend it. It's a great city.

Have a good time!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof wrote:
IMT wrote:
It was (I've been told) the original Olympic village from '68, however they have been updated and modernised in 2005/6, so should be pretty good. Right on the slopes too.

The area was developed at the end of the 1950s as an activity center for children. Transmontagne went bust in September, if you booked through them rather than with the owner or new management company, hope someone has the keys for you when you arrive Shocked

The development is full of distressed British and Irish BTLers.

Not booked through Transmontagne thank goodness, so all should be well.

David, sounds ideal for Mrs IMT (tree lined and gentle slopes). Looking forward to following in the (distant) wake of J-CK myself.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi all thx for updates, and info Smile

We have booked thru skiline, the actual firm being snowtrex, have no idea what there like, but hopefully there not bust Smile

I will get as much info as I can to give as good a report as i can when I get back. hopefully the wife will takes lots of photo's and put them on her webpage, so il put a link on so you can see any good photo's we get.

Fingers crossed for all lifts working and as nice accommodation as those advertised! I am really looking forward to going, as between me and you, I have only just sorted my passport out, and was getting a little worried as to weather i'd actually be going!!

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PS Davidof, my wife is a right panick merchant, and is starting to worry about it all now!! Laughing Laughing

Im sure it will all be fine tho Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alexsam97 wrote:
PS Davidof, my wife is a right panick merchant, and is starting to worry about it all now!! Laughing Laughing

Im sure it will all be fine tho Smile

I was told (by the TO) that the new management co who look after the lifts now are doing just fine.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thx for update IMT, will let you know when I get back how it was Smile

Does any1 know if there are many visa cashpoints around chamrousse?? im thinking of getting 1 of those prepaid visa cards from the post office, but if there are limited or no cashpoints or visa points it would be a waste??
ski holidays
There are 2 cashpoint machines in Recoin beside the tourist office. You'll have to ski to them as it's a walk of about 2k if you take the road.
snow conditions
thx jimmjimm, i look forward to taking some money out Smile
snow report
Just checked the snow reports for chamrousse, and there's gonna be bucket loads this week!! and extra buckets saturday, just fresh for our arrival!!! WOOHOO!!! Very Happy Chamrousse here we come!!! NehNeh Razz NehNeh
ski holidays
alexsam97,

Must admit I did check earlier today becasue I thought you were going this weekend - I have to wait till late season, but staying in the same place!! Have yourself a excellent time and let us know all about it when you get back.
snow conditions
IMT I will let you know all about it bud, and im sure my wife will have hundreds of photos!! plus a couple of vids of the area if i can Smile

Will give you a link when were back so you can check them out Smile
ski holidays
Hi, I am one of the many British/ Irish owners of apartments at the Domaine de l'Arselle Chamrousse. After the problems of Transmontagne last year we now have a proper management company running the domaine de L'Arselle in Mvacances. Chamrousse is a great French ski resort so far untouched by the British. Having snowboarded all over the French alpes i now prefer medium sized resorts to the hell that are linked resorts like Morzine with there horrendous paths linking to other resorts. I want tree lined pistes, friendly resorts and not being ripped off. The apartments have only recently been refurbished to a good standard, also onsite there is a sports centre with pool, sauna/ hot tub & gym. Above the sports centre is a large bar and restaurant. Around the domaine you will also find several ski hire shops, supermarket and a new bar. The prices quoted by mvacanaces are very cheap as they only took control early december thus they were unable to promote the resort until the first week of the season. I can't recommend Chamrousse enough. Chamrousse is relatively cheap as this was many a french only resort until recently.

Regarding the lifts - The chamrousse council have taken control of the running the lifts and managing the pistes. Everything is open as usual. The new snowpark is also looking good - http://www.myspace.com/sunsetsnowpark
http://www.chamrousse.com/hiver/
www.mvacances.com

Thanks Nick
latest report
ncorps, Thanks for the info Nick, nice to hear from someone who owns a place there. Have you had it for long? I'm there at the tail end of the season for a late snow fix. Does the snow generally hold up well in April?

Welcome to snowHead 's by the way.
snow conditions
Quote:

Hi, I am one of the many British/ Irish owners of apartments at the Domaine de l'Arselle Chamrousse

Quote:

Chamrousse is a great French ski resort so far untouched by the British.

These two statements aren't compatible. Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard, Twisted Evil
snow report
Hi Lizzard, The point I was trying to make is that most Britsih investors at Chamrousse have bought apartments in the Domiane de l'Arselle development rather than any other part of Chamrousse be that 1650 or 1750. Secondly "untouched by the British" is in relation to the fact most British people have not heard of such resorts like Chamrousse and will only travel to large charter holiday resorts like Chamoinix, Tignes etc. In the case of Chamrousse the large tour operators have only recently started promoting this resort, hence the great deals available.
snow conditions
is the new manco honouring the terms of your guaranteed rental or did you have to re-negotiate. Glad to hear that investors are being looked after now. Does the resort cater for more advanced skiers etc Very Happy
ski holidays
No, we had to renegotiate with mvacances - no rent last year - no rent this year but a share of any profits mvacances makes during 2008 - then 80% of the original guaranteed rent, hopefully 100% by 2010.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy