Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Piste side restaurants an ongoing review

Poster: A snowHead
La Plagne Piste Restaurants since 2008 We try and add a bit each year ...
Do remember that restaurants staff chefs and owners often change each season and what was good this season can be awful the next.
So far this year we have been to the following there are many more…..

Croque Neige centre
The ever popular Croque Neige fast food cheap(ish) Pints of Vin Chaud and free WiFi again this year.
Once described as the worst loo’s in the Alps, the owners have obviously heard, so new for this year, a toilet paper dispenser, which was full on our visit.

Chaudron centre
Across the way from Croque Neige, Uniformed staff with handheld computers and prices to match. Nice indoors on a cold day. Be warned we stopped for drinks at Noon and were told firmly that inside was for eating only.
Downstairs loo’s described as nice.

Le Chalet des Verdons Sud Champagny area
Two terraces half way down the HariKiri and Kamikaze pistes
Lower terrace self service counter Vin Chaud in polystyrene cups
Food cheapish but not sampled
Loo’s Ok.
Upstairs service but not sampled yet.

Borseliers Champagny area
Near the Borselers lift lovely large terrace with superb views over the valley to Courchevel (the runway airstrip clearly visible on a sunny day) Food ordered at the window and bought to your table when ready. Lovely crepes all day!
Inside is large and on 3 levels. One level can get quite noisy when the Champagny Junior ski team are taking a break from practice!
Downstairs Loo’s are fine. The single loo upstairs must have one of the best views of any loo in the Alps!

Au Bon Vieux Temps above 1800 by Golf Chair
Traditional old restaurant log fires and 3 different sections inside mind your head on the beams! Outside terrace for sunny days with waitresses in leather boots.
Good food at average prices
The one loo is fine.

Le cristal des neiges Montchavin Sector by top Plan Bois lift
Very busy, poor slow moving self service overpriced food (Chips €6.50)
Sadly a victim of it’s own success I guess.
Competing with Croque Neige for worst loo’s in the Alps.
Best pass on by and go down to Les Coches

Taverne ......... by start of Plan Bois lift Les Coches.
Lovely food very reasonable prices
One of the better lunch stops.
Loos fine.

Thats the lot so far obviously the comments are what we found on the day.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 3-02-16 17:32; edited 8 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

waitresses in leather boots.

Please provide more details
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
martski, Self explanatory surely, the waitresses wear leather boots wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, You definitely didn't get boredeating wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have just returned from a week over Christmas and I would recommend you take a packed lunch out with you each day. The lunch time food was the worst i have ever encountered. On the mountain and at resort level, really dire and not cheap either!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, We enjoyed a couple of great lunches at Le Chalet des Verduns Sud last season. Its the only terrace where my water has actually frozen in my glass!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, Excellent post.

The Bergerie above Plagne Soleil used to be a favourite of ours. Lovely omlette and frites.

Au Bon Vieux Temps was the fave for a vin chaud mid afternoon.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Somehow we have missed The Bergerie on each 'tour' this season so far, last season the food there was very good and a really sunnyterrace for most of the day. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, Do you actually do any skiing? wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, I am often nice about your resort. Surely, unlike you bum, such actions should be a 2 way street Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
northantsred, Did you find the indoor picnic centre near the Melezes lift? There are also lots of picnic benches provided around the resort, usually a few steps away from the piste. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, is Borseliers the one at the end of the long flat coming off kamikazee etc.? Excellent crepes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, I'me sure if you check I say nice things about your resort as well, I even went there to have a look but there was no snow wink

I suspect today was a notable day there Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly, Yep sure is! As you say excellent crepes and view as well Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, I was always quite fond of the place with the big terrace above the Biolley lift. Hottest mustard I have ever tasted on the hot dogs in there!
latest report
boredsurfin, yes i did notice the picnic benches and people were actually picnicing!!!! The weather was that good. However it was a serious point about the huts and the food, v poor imho. The skiing though was absolutely superb.
ski holidays
rainman, Never managed to stop there! Always seem to be going somewhere else Laughing We did the Red down from there this morning was a bit 'interesting' as the piste was wind hardpacked manmade snow Confused
ski holidays
Roche de Mio - nice spag bol or panini - great view of Mont Blanc from the terrace. Bogs ok although ladies queue looked busy...
Chayenne - Belle Plagne. (not on piste though) Tex Mex, food ok but slightly pricey. Good service and lovely clean air now that they've banned smoking. Didn't avail myself of the bog facilities.....
latest report
I agree with Frosty !
Go to La Bergerie above Plagne Village !
Warm welcome, beautiful interior and great food !
ski holidays
boredsurfin, went to Verdons Sud on sat lunch just ffor a coffee ....a glass of house wine is cheaper..... fantasyic decor and lovely log fire going to go back for luch
snow report
RG, i dont know much about skiing, but food... Very Happy
latest report
We were there last week, & ate very well! We had lunch at...

La Bergerie on the Mira piste.
Very nice - been there before, & it's just as good as I remembered!

Le Forperet on Gentil above Montalbert.
Ate there twice - really very good indeed! Nice & old & woody, with a roaring fire & vin chaud in half-pint mugs (just what we needed in the rain last Monday Very Happy ). Also, they have local beers - Baton de Feu (blonde) & Aiguille Blanche (white, as you may have guessed) from Brasserie des Cimes in Aime - which are absolutely delish. If you're a beer person, this is a good place for an afternoon stop!
Two loos, perfectly acceptable, & on the same floor as the restaurant (always a good thing, IMO).

La Roche, bottom of the La Roche chair.
Wonderful tartiflette! (Almost as good as mine Toofy Grin ) In fact, great food in general Very Happy The wild mushroom risotto served out of a hollowed out Parmesan looked very interesting as well...
Odd lavatory set-up, though - had to go outside & round the corner to the public loos. They were fine, but still...

? Sorry, can't remember the name, but it's a self-service restaurant at the bottom of the Rossa chair on the Champagny side. Decent food, decent beer (Grimbergen, Brugse - OK, not amazing, but better than Stella!), friendly staff, OK loos...

? Sorry again, the restaurant right by the Vanoise express. Oh, they must be so peed off by the closure - it was almost empty... The food was decent enough, though, & it was a very quiet week, after all - I expect it'll be busier as the season progresses...

We also had dinner at Le Loup Blanc in Plagne 1800 - very enjoyable!
snow report
Used to like the one at the piste side in Plagne Soleil, can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Used to do a cracking chicken curry.

Le Vega was always my favourite in Plagne Centre, but used to be a nightmare trying to get a table.
snow report
boredsurfin, On our day trip last week we did eat in the restaurant at the top of the bubble out of Champagny. I think it is the one you refer to as Le Chalet des Verdons? We ate upstairs in the self service. God it was vile. We had cold croquee messieur and hot? chips. First serving of chips were cold and I gave them back to the chef who cooked me some more but put the cold ones on the next persons plate Mad . In fairness in all our eating (and its a long list wink ) of places we have eaten in Les Arcs and La Plagne this was the only bad restaurant we have come across. Avoid at all costs.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, No, thats not the one! I know the one you mean tho! Never eaten there! Very Happy
latest report
Jo225, the La Roche does have inside loo's but they are downstairs and through the ski hire shop! The ones you went to are probably closer/easier to get to Very Happy
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Jo225, the La Roche does have inside loo's but they are downstairs and through the ski hire shop! The ones you went to are probably closer/easier to get to Very Happy

Colder though! It's not often you have to put your jacket & gloves on to go to the lav Laughing
ski holidays
Jo225 wrote:
We also had dinner at Le Loup Blanc in Plagne 1800 - very enjoyable!

That burnt down summer 2006!

I'd recommend what was the Loup Garrou just above 1800 on the Lovatiere piste; now called Mere Grand and run by an Austrian called Norbert.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T-Dub, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=810920#810920
Quote:
La Loup Blanc in 1800
The re-built restaurant and bar after a devastating fire 2 seasons ago. At the moment the best of the bunch.
Lots of menu choice served quickly and reasonable prices.
Upstairs is best on a cold day.
Very posh loo’s
sH report on the fire here

Its been re-built for this season and very good it is to Very Happy

EDIT: This place went way down in 2009/10 serving a slug in the garnish to an omlette and then bringing the same omlette back with a new salad garnish but this time with a spider in it!
Best take the short walk across the piste to the other restaurant Le petite Chaperon Rouge.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 21-10-10 11:56; edited 2 times in total
snow report
boredsurfin, two I think you missed:
Ice Rink Restaurant just above Bellecote - forgotten its name
And Le Sauget at the top of the chair out of Montchavin.
latest report
Jonpim, Very Happy I've missed more than a couple! Those were the ones we visited over December and New Year Very Happy
snow conditions
Jonpim, YES! Collosses, very nice.

Also Petit Chaperon Rouge in 1800- across the way from Loup Blanc, literally in the middle of the piste! AWESOME good omelettes.

Au bon v t gets another vote- great fun getting to it of an evening aswell!

Matafan in Belle Plagne and Gargantus(sp?) in Soleil
snow report
Matafan was the business. Packed with locals who were standing on tables, singing and throwing water - this was not a normal night. Food was great as well. I also rated the restaurant just down from Roche Di Mio on the right hand side. Superb omelette and good service.
ski holidays
The Matafan in Belle Plagne is I suppose a "piste side restaurant", being on the edge of "town", but it is really not a place to eat if you intend to try skiing again after. The Matafan is a place to savour. Take your time: eat well, drink well, and then go and have a lie-down. Cool
ski holidays
BUMP

Ready for the 2009/2010 season updates Very Happy
ski holidays
Sauger was our favourite in 09. Stagger out and then work the food and booze off on Pierre Blanche. Perfect, as were the waitresses, a mate informed my wife.
ski holidays
Dont ever go to the one at the top of the Colosses drag - it's terrible.

hopefully closed this season as given the lift re-arragnement in this sector, the number of punters that will pass the door is dramatically reduced, but it's still rubbish.
snow conditions
bertie bassett, Care to explain what makes this restaurant 'rubbish' in your opinion?
latest report
Restaurant update for 2009/2010

Its good News and bad news I'm afraid.

First the Good
A small beer or Hot Choccy in Les Borselier remains at €3 which has been the price for at least the last 3 seasons!
Le croq Neige at Plagne Centre has been doubled in size inside and has new decor loos and kitchen. The menu and prices remain as per last season Very Happy

Bad News
The restaurant at Dos Rond has been demolished and a new one is being built, I doubt if it will be ready to open this season Sad Sad Sad
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
bertie bassett, Care to explain what makes this restaurant 'rubbish' in your opinion?

Back in 02 or thereabouts it was our de-facto restaurant stop - easy to get too for the improvers, great on a sunny day on the terrace, easy to find. Nice food and decent service. It also became our 4pm vin chaud stop before we'd race back to 1800 - and this was in the days where you had to cross the road, not use a bridge..

roll on my 1st trip to lp last season, and having done a big tour with the nieces, they needed food so went back here and very disappointed, bad (surly) service and poor food - the girls had orders pizzas and they got tasteless rubbish - I mean it's not hard to do a pizza right. Can't remember what i had but equally poor...

Still if the top of the chairlift has moved then...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy